• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shock Oil VS. CRC Silicone Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

damoney

Banned
Which is better for lubing mega-minx's, 4x4s, 3x3s, and 2x2s?

Just ordered a V-cube 5. it's pretty tight. Is there any way I could either mod it or losen it? Would lubing it help?

hawkmp4

My sig (regarding the fastest cube) applies. Everyone has their favorite lube. You're going to get a lot of different answers here.

damoney

Banned
Depends on what company they're made by. Different lubes work well with different cubes.

I have a LanLan 3x3, QJ 2x2, QJ mega-minx, and a QJ 4x4. What do you recomend for those cubes?

I'm not familiar with a lanlan 3x3 or a QJ 2x2 actually. In the minx i'd put a bit of CRC and i'd really debate about the 4x4. If you want smooth creamy but accurate turning, use shock oil. If you want fast crispy turning, use CRC.

smooth creamy acurate turning for what cube?

puzzlemaster

WCA
2008LAUD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Depends on what company they're made by. Different lubes work well with different cubes.

I have a LanLan 3x3, QJ 2x2, QJ mega-minx, and a QJ 4x4. What do you recomend for those cubes?

I'm not familiar with a lanlan 3x3 or a QJ 2x2 actually. In the minx i'd put a bit of CRC and i'd really debate about the 4x4. If you want smooth creamy but accurate turning, use shock oil. If you want fast crispy turning, use CRC.

smooth creamy acurate turning for what cube?

Specifically the 4x4 but it could work for any of the cubes really. Shock oil makes the turning smoother and more accurate. CRC makes it faster and crispy. It's personal preference.

damoney

Banned
Okay thanks that helps.

(any body can answer this question.) For the mega-minx's, Should they be smooth or snappy? I don't realy have a "personal preference" Which would be faster and easier to solve faster and not so choppy?

hawkmp4

Right. But he asked what was easier and faster to solve. No answer to that question exists.

hawkmp4

Yeah. It seems right now that CRC has fallen out of favor with most people, and shock oil and maru lube are the new trends. But really, the difference is minimal, and chances are you'll get used to the feel of whatever you use.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How did you not get a true answer? This has already been said once: shock oil will give a smooth feel and CRC will give a fast choppy feel. Your answer is to use shock oil given your last question.

My question to you:
What is your favorite 3x3 to use? We will probably be able to better give you an answer if we know this answer.

damoney

Banned
How did you not get a true answer? This has already been said once: shock oil will give a smooth feel and CRC will give a fast choppy feel. Your answer is to use shock oil given your last question.

My question to you:
What is your favorite 3x3 to use? We will probably be able to better give you an answer if we know this answer.

LanLan, I'm not talking about the 3x3 but the mega-minx.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I realize you are talking about the megaminx. I asked you a specific question for a reason. Telling me what your favorite 3x3 lets us know what type of feel you like. Since I don't know a LL 3x3 (didn't even know they made those actually), what is your next favorite 3x3 to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.