• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shock Oil VS. CRC Silicone Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeevs

I tried shock oil on my cube and found that it had some kind of force against the movement. That kinda slowed it down quite a bit turning wise. And what I used was what most people recommend,300 which converts to about 25wt-30wt according to their system.
Maybe it might work well in a cube like the Guhong. Yet to try since I'm gett ing the Maru lube soon.

damoney

Banned
I realize you are talking about the megaminx. I asked you a specific question for a reason. Telling me what your favorite 3x3 lets us know what type of feel you like. Since I don't know a LL 3x3 (didn't even know they made those actually), what is your next favorite 3x3 to use?
Oh okay well in that case a QJ.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
fatboyxpc
I haven't used a QJ so I still don't know what it feels like. F series (Fi, FII, GhostHand I, GhostHand II) cubes, or A series cubes (A1, A3, A5, Haiyan, etc)?

da25centz

WCA
2010MEYE01
YouTube
Animan70
I'm def a CRC guy, but that just comes down to how you want the cube to feel. CRC will make your cube fast, but not smooth like shock oil. it depends on the feel you're going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.