• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sexy Move Inverse Better? [U R U' R']

KrisM

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know about you guys, but I've never been a fan of the "sexy move". However, I love the move U R U' R, which is basically like the inverse of the sexy move.

Why?

Well in the sexy move [R U R' U'] I find there is WAY to much right hand movement. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I start by gripping the cube with right fingers on top, right thumb on bottom, then rotate right layer up, use right forefinger to perform U, back down with R' without regrip, and then left forefinger for the U', whilst letting the right fingers slide across U face.

Whereas the sexy move inverse [U R U' R'], I start with right thumb on front, right fingers on back, use right forefinger to perform U, then move right layer up without regrip, perform U' with left forefinger whilst letting the right thumb slide, R' without regrip.

I don't know if you guys do it differently - but I much prefer U R U' R'. What's up with this, am I doing the sexy move wrong? It just feels more unnatural to me.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try doing the sexy move starting with thumb on front. Let the U slide under your right thumb. (I do Sune that way too, using middle finger to do the second U.)

omer

The triple sexy F2L case is much easier with the inverse because of easy no-regrips.
But in one of my COLL's ( F (R U R' U')x3 F' ) and in my E perm (z U2 R2 F (R U R' U')x3 F' R2 U2 z') triple regular is much more easier because I'm already in a state where no regripping is required.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
lololol....

(R U R' U')*6=2.48
(U R U' R')*6=2.34
(R' U' R U)*6=2.58
(U' R' U R)*6=2.30

(L' U' L U)*6=1.87
(U' L' U L)*6=1.57
(L U L' U')*6=1.83
(U L U' L')*6=1.63

So OP, obvious proof that changing R with L makes it fast.

A Leman

The triple sexy F2L case is much easier with the inverse because of easy no-regrips.
But in one of my COLL's ( F (R U R' U')x3 F' ) and in my E perm (z U2 R2 F (R U R' U')x3 F' R2 U2 z') triple regular is much more easier because I'm already in a state where no regripping is required.

I normally use U'RUR'U'RUR'URU'R' for the triple sexy f2l case because part of it is also a setup to WV so it sometimes gives me some good skips.

WCA
2012TOWE01
I prefer the right hand regular sexy move compared to that

However I can do inverse sexym move faster on my left than regular on my right...weird

I'm right handed btw and most algs I execute with right hand preference.

Inverse is a good F2L fingertrick though.

WCA
2013LLEW01
I've always been able to perform inverse sexys faster too. I assumed that was weird and figured as I got faster I would be better at sexys. Guess it's just different styles.

Rubiksfreak

lololol....

(R U R' U')*6=2.48
(U R U' R')*6=2.34
(R' U' R U)*6=2.58
(U' R' U R)*6=2.30

(L' U' L U)*6=1.87
(U' L' U L)*6=1.57
(L U L' U')*6=1.83
(U L U' L')*6=1.63

So OP, obvious proof that changing R with L makes it fast.

It depends on your preference, im right handed so doing it with my left hand would be alot slower than my right hand.