• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Super Sexy Move... and other Warm Up techniques...

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to just use the Sexy move (R U R' U') to practice the corner cutting of a cube (or it's inverse to practice reverse corner cutting).

Today I found myself doing this:

R' U' R U R U' R' U

And the mirror:

L U L' U' L' U L U'

Pro: It's like a Sexy Move that helps you feel around the edges of both corner cutting and reverse corner cutting in one maneuver.

Con: Unlike the Sexy move, which takes 6 rounds to return to a solved this... you have to do this 20 times.

But I think I might add this to my warm-up drill, just because my Reverse Corner Cutting, mid solve, leaves something to be desired.

What other Practice Drills do you guys run while you're warming-up/killing-time/etc?

I warm up with Sexy Moves, inverse Sexy, Sledge Hammer, T/G/A/V Perms, and a few of the trickier OLLs.

speedcuber50

I like doing sledgehammers when bored/fiddling with my cube. I somehow find them easier than the sexy.

CubezUBR

WCA
2013SAUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
just algs like r perms and t perm over and over again till my fingers are at maximum speed! i also have a squishy stress ball which i squeeze to warm up and strengthen my fingers, not like i need it or anything (im that slow anyway)

brandonw

WCA
2010whit03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I rub my hands together to get them warm using a self massage technique I found. Basically you put your hands together at right angles (I start with right over left so my right hand fingers are all in the space between my left thumb and left fingers) and you grip firmly and then pull your thumb through and alternate. Once my hands are feeling warm I do some PLL attacks and then get into some solves.