• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Selling Cubes At Nationals (Aug 14-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
FINAL LIST:
20x Mini Diansheng Cubes (White) 3-4$
9x Diansheng Cubes (White) 6$
5x Mini Type C (Black, 50mm) 7$
2x 3x3x4 Fully Functional (Black) 25$
3x Mini QJ 4x4x4 (Black) 12$
6x C4Y 3x3 DIY Kit (3 B, 3 W) 13$

If you think any of these prices are to high or to low let me know.

Hey Everyone,

I just thought it would be nice to let you all know that I will be selling cubes at nationals.
No shipping or anything, it would be a 'hand-off' so to speak, with cash for cubes.
Anyway, I am selling the following items for sure, and need some input on new ones to add.

Please note that all suggestions made after August 9th (Sunday) will be ignored because I will not be ordering more cubes after that date.
Also, the price is just the base price on C4Y, plus a little shipping (not as much as you would pay) and a tiny bit of profit for me, none of that
30$ for a DIY nonsense.

What I have to sell as of now:
20x Mini Diansheng 3x3x3
8x Regular Diansheng 3x3x3
4x White C4Y DIYs Unassembled
1x Large Black QJ 4x4 with thick tiles

I was also considering buying the following in bulk to sell:
Mini QJ 4x4s
More C4Y DIYs
3x3x4 *** (W)

I will take the suggestions people make before the 9th, and include them in my order on Sunday if demand is high enough.

If you are interested in buying cubes from me at Nationals, please post here to let me know what I should expect in terms of customers.

Custom Orders
Against my better judgement, I will take 5 custom orders from people, meaning you tell me what you want, I buy it and sell it to you at nationals.
If I get more then 5 orders, I will choose the people I trust the most, to lower my chances of being stuck with cubes I don't want.

All custom orders must be 7 or less cubes, and MUST be emailed to me at:

[email protected]

In that email include what you want (and any specific details, color etc), your full name, and your cell phone number in order to contact you at the venue.

Lastly, the Policy (for clarification reasons)
1. I reserve the right to decline service to anyone for any reason, I will usually not, but just in case.
2. If you get a custom order, you MUST be willing to pay for the WHOLE thing, including a little added on for shipping and me.
3. Prices will be worked out there.
4. I only accept cash, (and paypal for custom orders)
5. NO shipping will be done in this process from me to you, it is a 'hand-off'
6. If you don't like my prices, go buy the cubes yourself, I am not here to please you, but to create a win-win situation for both of us.
7. All cubes will be from C4Y.
8. If you find me at nats, and I have sold out, you are out of luck, no 'reserving' cubes either.

I plan on making this a small thing, nothing to large as I don't need more stress right now, I am doing this so you can easily get cubes, with no shipping wait.
Only thing I will be getting out of it is a tiny bit of profit, which is all I need.

I am willing to trade the puzzles for other puzzles if we can come to an agreement.

Hopefully this will be good for everyone. I will have a final list of what will be 'in stock' on Monday August 10th, and it will be available in this thread.

~Chris

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
A couple suggestions:
-To make it easier on you, I would not accept custom orders online. Just make it a first come first serve basis at Nats.
-List the prices up front. Negotiating with everyone is harder than it sounds. Posting the prices here on the forum would be helpful.

I will probably buy some from you, but instead of making it a custom order, I will plan on seeing you at Nats.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to make my own prices, but I failed at accurately pricing the DIYs when I sold them.

So maybe the base price + 2$ shipping (except Mini DS) + x% for me? Something like that?

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Everyone,
Just to give an update to anyone who cares, I now have the final list of what I will be selling, and the quantity I have and the price, which is just base price, plus a little shipping.

Final List:
20x Mini Diansheng Cubes (White) 3-4$
9x Diansheng Cubes (White) 6$
5x Mini Type C (Black, 50mm) 7$
2x 3x3x4 Fully Functional (Black) 25$
3x Mini QJ 4x4x4 (Black) 12$
6x C4Y 3x3 DIY Kit (3 B, 3 W) 13$

If you think any of these prices are to high or to low let me know.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Aww. Okay. I'll just have to be the first to come. Is there any way I could get one when I first come (Thursday)? I really want a mini Type C.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently, but Idk where or when it is.

In the "Nationals 2009" thread there is some discussion of it, but idk where it is.

EDIT: I lied.

Tyson said:
If people want to meet up on Thursrday, we'll probably be done setting up around 6 PM. There'll probably be a group of people at the tables outside of Dinkelspiel Auditorium... outside of Tresseder Union. I would say that's a good gathering place for everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.