• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Self-invented Algorithms

Imsoosm

I've been wondering recently whether you guys have just been randomly messing around with your 3x3 and you find an algorithm to do a case? (without using cube explorer)
Again, I'm not sure if all of these algs exist, because some of them probably might already exist, but here are the algorithms I have invented or found so far:

OLL:
OLL 13: F U R U' R2 F' R U R U' R' (I got this off a Pi COLL, instead of doing F reverse sexy twice F', I switched it to doing it once)
OLL 14: F' U' L' U L2 F L' U' L' U L (Mirror of OLL 13)
OLL 30: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' U R U' R' F' (Why would anyone actually use this lol)

PLL:
Ub: R' U' R U' R U R2 U R U' R U' R' (This alg is good for when the 1x1x3 bar is on the opposite side of its face so you don't have to do U2 as AUF)
Aa (Headlights on back): R' D R U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U' R' D' R
(Headlights on left): R U R' F' r U R' U' r' F R2 U' R'
The headlights on front and right algs already exist, and the headlights on back alg is only a variation of those. (Same goes for the headlights at left Ab alg.)

Ab (Headlights on left): R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U2 R' D' R
(Headlights on back): R U R2 F' r U R U' R' F R U' R' (this is just the reverse of Aa headlights on left alg)

ZBLL:
(For ZBLL I'm pretty sure the sune/antisune algs already exist, but I found them by myself)

T: x' R U R' D R U' R' D' x (put the 1x2x3 bar on the back, this is the second half of E perm)

The next few algs all follow the same pattern:
[setup] sune/antisune [undo setup]
Setup is R U R' F'
(The algs with double or triple sune/antisune are cancelled)

R U R' F' (R U2 R' U' R U' R') F R U' R' -Antisune (same orientation as you would do R' U' R U' R' U2 R)
R U R' F' (R U R' U R U2 R') F R U' R' -Sune (y2 as you would do R U R' U' R U2 R')

R U R' F' (R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R') F R U' R' -Pi (same orientation as you would do normal Pi)
R U R' F' (R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' ) F R U' R' -Pi (y2 as you would do normal Pi)

R U R' F' (R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U R' U' R U' R') F R U' R' -T (1x2x3 block in front, also triple antisune/sune both work here, but triple antisune has faster execution imo)

Discovering algs is quite fun imo, but don't use all of these as some of them have really bad finger tricks. I use a part of them, like sometimes I use the E perm half alg for T cases. But for example, definitely do not use the OLL 30 alg because it is too long and has bad execution.

So here are the algs that I have invented/found, do you guys have any?

Last edited:

Shrek

I was trying new fingertricks for a regripless z perm and then I started practicing it until I kept messing up, so when I messed up I realised I "created" a u perm alg
( I know literally every body knows this alg and I did NOT create it but it's how I found it)
The u perm alg I "created" was:
M2 U' M U2 M' M2

xyzzy

A few of the ZBLL algs I use were self-inventions, although I don't remember exactly which ones.

Stuff like
R U R' U' L' U R U' L U' L' U R' U' L
or
R' U L U' R2 U' L' U R' U' L U2 L' (no longer use this for 2H though)
which are just 3-cycle comms with cancellations.

I independently rediscovered the "standard" PLL parity alg many years ago just by playing around with half turns: U2 2R2 U2 2R2 u2 2R2 u2 (yeah, with a useless AUF at the start).

Imsoosm

Just found another Sune ZBLL alg:

(y2 from normal sune)
R U R' F' R U R' U R U' R' U' R' F R2 U' R'

E perm but from the bottom. I can do it equally as fast as an E-perm from the top. I came up with it when practice 3-style corners.
Wow can you write down the alg since I don't know how to do it on the bottom lol.
Do you use L or R moves to do bottom E perm?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just found another Sune ZBLL alg:

(y2 from normal sune)
R U R' F' R U R' U R U' R' U' R' F R2 U' R'

Wow can you write down the alg since I don't know how to do it on the bottom lol.
Do you use L or R moves to do bottom E perm?
R moves. I am a righty. Weirdly enough I use my left hand for OH. I wonder why.
x (R D' R') U (R D R') U' (R D R') U (R D' R') U'
Also another alternate from the E-Perm alg starting with the x' rotation:
(R' D R) U' (R' D' R) U (R' D' R) U' (R' D R) U

L1meDaBestest

WCA
2015HIGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I found this nice OLLCP alg for the bad C shape OLL: R’ U2 R2 U R2’ U R U2 R’ F R F‘. I quite like this and I’ll always use it when I see the case (sometimes I even do it when I don’t have the CP cause it’s a pretty fun regripless alg). Idk if it’s actually worth and I haven’t bothered looking at alternatives.