• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

ischeff

WCA
2012SCHE03
Congrats to all the cubers who have been mentioned so far! I'm the reporter/cuber whom some of you met at the 2012 US Nats and 2013 Worlds, and the story I've been working on was published today, online, by The Guardian. It features faz, Mats, Conny, and Andy Smith gets a mention, too! http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/may/02/rubiks-cube-competitive-world-speedcubing Give it a read and let me know what you think! (And sorry if I've muffed up the post; I'm new to the forums)

GhettiBoy

Sadly, I couldn't find a video about this, but in the movie Mister Peabody and Sherman, the ending shows Einstein playing with a Rubik's cube, and he supposedly solves it. He looks at all of the faces, and they are all solved, and then he looks at the red face. Everything on that face is solved except the center piece, which is a white center piece. He then gets quite angry and throw the cube onto the floor, shattering it.

WHY, PARITY ON 3X3?!?!?!

Marco Cuber

Sadly, I couldn't find a video about this, but in the movie Mister Peabody and Sherman, the ending shows Einstein playing with a Rubik's cube, and he supposedly solves it. He looks at all of the faces, and they are all solved, and then he looks at the red face. Everything on that face is solved except the center piece, which is a white center piece. He then gets quite angry and throw the cube onto the floor, shattering it.

WHY, PARITY ON 3X3?!?!?!
Dang you beat me too it. :( I couldn't find a video either.
Heres a video of a recent competition in the Philippines. Former Skewb Single WR holder, Mharr Justhie Ampong
was interviewed here. WARNING: In Tagalog/Filipino.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELrto2kdWk

Edit:
I really want to show you guys this thing i found in google wowww.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: