• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

Brett

I think it was posted on this forum in a different thread, but at one part in the movie Wall-e is holding a rubik's cube. (The logo of the movie on Fandango and similar sites was the image of wall-e and the cube)

Brett

It Takes a Thief, TV show on Discovery Channel.

Some family gets robbed of a bunch of antiques (none of them were specified)
...except the 1980's rubik's cube (scrambled state :p)

He looked pleased to get it back.

suhas2112

YouTube
Visit Channel
In the TV series, Big Bang Theory (which, IMO, is one of the funniest shows) there are always 3 cubes kept on a chest of drawers in the background of their living room... One cube is always solved and the other 2 are scrambled... In some of their episodes, the cube is solved except for an M2...

In case you're wondering, I ALWAYS notice random stuff in the background like this...

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I haven't seen it recently but wasn't Tyson on TV for a very short segment to show off the Rubik's 360 for Good Morning America?
Yeah.

My local news finally mentioned it earlier this week. I didn't see it, but my parents told me it was on for like 3 seconds. :p

In the TV series, Big Bang Theory (which, IMO, is one of the funniest shows) there are always 3 cubes kept on a chest of drawers in the background of their living room... One cube is always solved and the other 2 are scrambled... In some of their episodes, the cube is solved except for an M2...

In case you're wondering, I ALWAYS notice random stuff in the background like this...

Yeah I noticed stuff in the background sometimes too, I love when I recognize some of the random things. :)

holypasta

a teenage guy in my area recently broke the WR for most cubes solved in an hour. i can't find coverage of it online, but it was on a local TV news station. he was only able to do 64. i couldn't believe that so little was the WR, so i did some research and found this site.

so....... are those just unofficial?

i'm confused.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

qazefth

YouTube
Visit Channel
So far in Malaysia, I had only seen one cube solving on the TV. Eventough its just 5-7 minutes, well im very proud of them.

They were on a Talk Show and aired around 10 pm or 11 pm. Im not sure.
The Show.

Last edited:

envy253

Banned
good morning america is gonna do a thing in afew days because of that skyive solve on youtube.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
a teenage guy in my area recently broke the WR for most cubes solved in an hour. i can't find coverage of it online, but it was on a local TV news station. he was only able to do 64. i couldn't believe that so little was the WR, so i did some research and found this site.

i'm confused.

There's WCA records, which everyone respects, unofficial speedcubing.com, which most people take with a grain of salt, and then there's Guiness records, which are a joke and regulated with standards that make no sense. This guy got the third one.

holypasta

i'm confused.

There's WCA records, which everyone respects, unofficial speedcubing.com, which most people take with a grain of salt, and then there's Guiness records, which are a joke and regulated with standards that make no sense. This guy got the third one.

thank you.