• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fake but cool I guess

I know this was awhile ago, but coming across it again with 10 million views makes me so annoyed.

He does T-perms over and over to show off his fake TPS skills!!! (He used CFOP if you haven't realised)
That doesn't require skill to memorise a sequence of moves that he pre-scrambled and in the middle spam a bunch of t-perms that do nothing to the cube.
Even the dumbest of non-cubers could do that.

He doesn't deserve all that fame

RhysC

WCA
2014CAMP02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this was awhile ago, but coming across it again with 10 million views makes me so annoyed.

He does T-perms over and over to show off his fake TPS skills!!! (He used CFOP if you haven't realised)
That doesn't require skill to memorise a sequence of moves that he pre-scrambled and in the middle spam a bunch of t-perms that do nothing to the cube.
Even the dumbest of non-cubers could do that.

He doesn't deserve all that fame

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, as in, what bad is it doing?

It is completely unfeasible to a legitimate 3 cube MBLD on stage, it would take way too long. You'll even notice one of the judges say "I don't know how you memorised all those moves" which shows even though it might not be legitimate, it is still impressive.

The thing is, knowing how to solve a Rubik's cube on its own is an amazing feat, blindfolded or not, if you can do it, you should be commended.

Besides, this is all about drawing attention to the cubing community as a whole, and for that, he has done a stunning job. If someone joins the cubing community and finds out it's fake, no harm done.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, as in, what bad is it doing?

The thing is, knowing how to solve a Rubik's cube on its own is an amazing feat, blindfolded or not, if you can do it, you should be commended.

Besides, this is all about drawing attention to the cubing community as a whole, and for that, he has done a stunning job. If someone joins the cubing community and finds out it's fake, no harm done.

Yeah, I guess that's true.

Entertainment to the audience is all they really care about, real or fake.
And yeah it does give the cubing community a bit of a shoutout.

It is completely unfeasible to a legitimate 3 cube MBLD on stage, it would take way too long. You'll even notice one of the judges say "I don't know how you memorised all those moves" which shows even though it might not be legitimate, it is still impressive.
Yeah, but there's where he could've done something different, like a 3 cube relay or one cube blindfolded or an OH relay. He didn't really need to lie to the audience about what he was doing.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04

Anyone without some serious problem can solve a rubik's cube, it's not something you should win a participation medal for.

Suggestion: Maybe we should give this out at every competition to everyone who doesn't win
tumblr_mdbaagGdkY1qa60sv.jpg

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone without some serious problem can solve a rubik's cube, it's not something you should win a participation medal for.

Suggestion: Maybe we should give this out at every competition to everyone who doesn't win
tumblr_mdbaagGdkY1qa60sv.jpg

I fully support this idea. I expect my cake at Slow N Steady Fall to be vanilla cake with Peanut Butter frosting

RhysC

WCA
2014CAMP02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Very true, but just remember, to the 90% of society that can't solve it, it is one of the most difficult puzzles they've ever come across. I'm sure the first time you picked up a cube without looking at anything you didn't start doing perfect layer-by-layer and call it "easy". It's only "easy" because somebody else with the time helped you to learn how to solve it, unless you worked it out on your own, in which case, goddam that should be commended...

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01