• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

Prismatic

There's a rubik's cube around the 25 second mark, but it looks like it's only pink and black.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
The child is holding a Rubik's Cube in the back seat of the car near the beginning of "Sex Tape"

Don't see it, it's awful.

That is such a huge fail. Those noncubers...

I have one that might be almost as bad: http://www.dailylocal.com/general-news/20140719/with-rubiks-cube-pa-boy-is-outta-sight

"At competitions, players sometimes rub the cubes in sand so that the pieces won’t stick as they are moved." Seriously, RUBBING IN SAND?!?! The writer should realize that this destroys plastic. I only have one guess on where they got this idea. They were probably told that we modify our cubes by sanding them down. So, apparently, sanding down = rubbing in sand.

This was actually done ages ago on the old types of cube, I think....

danchoi955

Cubing in the 3rd episode of Scorpion (CBS)

Anyone seen this episode, at the beginning where Walter and Sylvester are having a cubing competition? It's totally pathetic! How do you compete using your palms? And a blind solve without inspection? It goes to say that actors can't solve the Rubik's cube. It doesn't matter how smart you are, you can't really cube without practices. Even with an IQ of 190, which is what Walter claims to have, there's physical dexterity in hand and eye coordination. Smart alone cannot solve the cube. So what does it take to solve a cube, fast? Good memory, pattern recognition, practices, muscle memory?

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently there is a regular Rubik's cube in Coronation Street (UK soap opera).

I don't watch it but my girlfriend says they occasionally "doodle" with the cube then put it down again.

It's in the office of the local taxi company...

MineKB

Was watching every episode of Degrassi Season 13 over again in anticipation for Season 14 and saw a Rubik's Cube on Principal Simpson's desk!

Capture.jpg

donal56

Hulk with a rubiks cube

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413475724750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413475724750.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 57

Hssandwich

WCA
2013SAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well this is weird. I emailed RTE(Radio, Teiliffiese, Eirínn. Eng. Radio, Television, Ireland) And they emailed back almost straight away. Apparently I'm on a radio show at 9 o'clock. Which is an hour and 15 minutes after I emailed! Currently twenty past 8 and I'm on just after 9! Good Luck to me!
Wow! This was on my birthday!

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In the movie Lucy during Morgan Freeman's talk about the brain.

lucy.png

Anyone know who he is??? Was so funny when we watched this movie.. was so engrossed and then BLAM, speedcuber. We were like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" *Point at TV like wtf*