• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
But that's what I'm saying. Possibly 100 million or more of the Rubik's Brand cubes in the world have the "Japanese color scheme", including 2 that I personally own. NEW Rubik's Brand cubes all have the color scheme you're used to. But a very large percentage of the total Rubik's Brand cubes in the world are not new - they are quite old.

I could see where producers of shows might say, "Hey, I have an old Rubik's Cube in my closet - let me go get it and we'll use it for this scene." Then if it's a 1980's Rubik's Brand cube, it's a good chance it's Japanese color scheme.
I have a Yuxin Little Magic from 2020 with the Japanese colour scheme. ;)

Llewelys

You can see a Rubik's cube in the latest episode of the amazing series Killing Eve (03x03). Here Eve Polastri is invastigating the murder of her friend Kenny: she's trying to find what he was working on.

This scene is ridiculous for a cuber (how did they even get the orientation right to do the alg? what if someone had scrambled the cube? come on, he's not even doing the moves he's saying) and it has the classic joke "I just peel the stickers off".

Still a great show, 10/10 would recommend