• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux-breaker? The YruRU method

Devagio

Alright he is an example of what I do:

Scramble: U L2 D F2 L2 B2 D2 R2 F2 D' B' D2 U' L' F' D2 L2 D' L' U2

x' z2

I see that U' F' will solve the two corners in the bottom left.

I assume that the WBO (in the UBL spot) corner that needs to go in the DFL spot is switched with the corner that is actually there, which means that the UBL corner is number 4.

I see that number 5 and 6 are in different parities and are not friends with each other, and 5 is in an even parity so I read the thread from DBR to UFL.

In my mind I swap corner number 6 ( WRG corner) to be the friend of corner number 5 ( WRB corner) So the corner in the UFR spot is number 1

I swap the corners in positions DFR and DBR because corner number 5 and 6 were in different parties and had different friends.

So when I read the thread I get DBR 2> DFR 3> UFR skip> UBR skip> UBL 4> UFL> 1

so when I read the thread I get 123 which means CP is solved, but because the DFL corner isn't solved, I set it up an F' away from solved with a U' and then do this alg I learned from @Devagio in his post earlier in this thread: F' U' F' U' F. I would insert the edge to make a line by doing U' S (prime?)

I solve the rest of the cube with YruRU and I get diagonal corners at the end:( Does anyone know what I did wrong? I really felt like I did it right.

Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to add, this issue only happens when the two corners in the DL aren't solved, if they are, I almost always get CP right.
The tracing here is 321, not 123. My solution is
x’ z2 // inspection
R S2’ U’ F’ // CP-line

I’ll read your post properly once I’m free later today and let you know where the mistake exactly is.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
The tracing here is 321, not 123. My solution is
x’ z2 // inspection
R S2’ U’ F’ // CP-line

I’ll read your post properly once I’m free later today and let you know where the mistake exactly is.
Wait, does F' swap the piece currently in the DFL spot with UBL? I always thought it was with UBR, maybe that is what I am messing up.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is with UBR, not UBL. According to my numbering, 4 is in DFL, needs to swap with 2, which ends up in UBR before the F’.
hmmm I must have switched some of my numbers up then. I am still very new to trying out this method though so that makes sense.

Sorry for so many questions, but how do you solve CP if the corner that needs to go in the DFL spot is an F2 away from being solved?

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
hmmm I must have switched some of my numbers up then. I am still very new to trying out this method though so that makes sense.

Sorry for so many questions, but how do you solve CP if the corner that needs to go in the DFL spot is an F2 away from being solved?
I tend to just look for different corners in that case, but you can use RU moves to make it solvable with F or F', just like any other case. For instance, R U R' (F) or U' R' U (F')

Devagio

It’s kinda complicated. I did figure out a way, and ended up deciding that it’s not worth it because it requires setting up of 2 corners, and trying to keep UFR fixed blocks both R and U moves.
So if you have it an F2 away, just solve from some other orientation, or do R U R’ and now it’ll be an F away.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tend to just look for different corners in that case, but you can use RU moves to make it solvable with F or F', just like any other case. For instance, R U R' (F) or U' R' U (F')
It’s kinda complicated. I did figure out a way, and ended up deciding that it’s not worth it because it requires setting up of 2 corners, and trying to keep UFR fixed blocks both R and U moves.
So if you have it an F2 away, just solve from some other orientation, or do R U R’ and now it’ll be an F away.
Alright thanks!

Devagio

A correction/addition in CP execution:
There was an oversight in the CP execution, I’m amazed nobody caught it. Today, @Owen Morrison asked me about F2 setups to CP line, to which I in the moment hastily replied “pick another orientation.” I had thought about that in the past after all. A few minutes later, I had that facepalm moment; the logic for F2 setups is literally (well almost) the same as for F or F’, so putting the other corner in UBR should work all the same. And indeed it does.
So, not just setting up the DFL corner an F or F’ away works, but even F2 works. In all cases, the rule is the same, its pair needs to be in UBR. I feel stupid lol.
PS, in either case, F2 setups would be worth it in far fewer cases than F or F’ setups.
What is the best way to go about learning all of the circlets? Is there anywhere I can see all of them or do I need to figure out myself?
I haven’t put them up anywhere yet. I intend to put them up on the website with a pnemonic way of memorising them; but that’ll take time because I got school stuff to do for at least a week.
The way I did it is just practice the beginner way for 2 weeks while being aware that I eventually have to memorise circlets, and I just somehow happened to memorise them all over time because there is only a small number of them.

Last edited:

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
A correction/addition in CP execution:
There was an oversight in the CP execution, I’m amazed nobody caught it. Today, @Owen Morrison asked me about F2 setups to CP line, to which I in the moment hastily replied “pick another orientation.” I had thought about that in the past after all. A few minutes later, I had that facepalm moment; the logic for F2 setups is literally (well almost) the same as for F or F’, so putting the other corner in UBR should work all the same. And indeed it does.
So, not just setting up the DFL corner an F or F’ away works, but even F2 works. In all cases, the rule is the same, it’s pair needs to be in UBR. I feel stupid lol.
PS, in either case, F2 setups would be worth it in far fewer cases than F or F’ setups.

I haven’t put them up anywhere yet. I intend to put them up on the website with a pnemonic way of memorising them; but that’ll take time because I got school stuff to do for at least a week.
The way I did it is just practice the beginner way for 2 weeks while being aware that I eventually have to memorise circlets, and I just somehow happened to memorise them all over time because there is only a small number of them.
Okay thanks!

And nice to know I can just use a F2 for that case! Also, you are not stupid, you came up with this awesome way of doing CP that most people would never be able to come up with.