• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random draw: win a Gan 11 M Pro 3x3!

carcass

WCA
2018HANC03
I took a break from cubing after learning full oll, forgot half those algs, and relearned them, so i learned 2LLL twice. I also found 2 very short algs for 2 oll cases on speedcubedb, being F2 R U R' U' F2 and F2 U R U' R' F2. i think these algs are original(?). I also became sub 20 twice because of the break. I think the Gan 11 M Pro will help me because i am testing an algorithm set that i haven't seen used anywhere on the internet(its an OLS subset).

Edit: sorry I meant f2l

Last edited:

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I took a break from cubing after learning full oll, forgot half those algs, and relearned them, so i learned 2LLL twice. I also found 2 very short algs for 2 oll cases on speedcubedb, being F2 R U R' U' F2 and F2 U R U' R' F2. i think these algs are original(?). I also became sub 20 twice because of the break. I think the Gan 11 M Pro will help me because i am testing an algorithm set that i haven't seen used anywhere on the internet(its an OLS subset).
Those algs are not OLLs...

Jcubing

At the begining of lockdown I kinda dropped cubing but towards the end I started to get better and I picked cubing back up. I became sub 10 on skewb and sub-29 on 3x3. I also started to pick skewb as my main event even though I still practiced 3x3 alot I just liked skewb more and also showed more potential in skewb than any other event. I also picked up 4x4, OH,pyraminx, and megaminx. I also learned look ahead recently.

TerenceKoo

In the spirit of the new year, I'm going to do some puzzle giveaways. To start, I will be giving away a brand new Gan 11 M Pro 3x3!
View attachment 14479

All you have to do is reply to this thread telling about your 2020 cubing story during this covid lockdown period. Just some ideas of what to write: how did you practice? How has your cubing practice/competing changed since covid? What improvements have you made? What, if anything, will you change in 2021? I'll leave it open, it can be as long or short as you want.

Only 1 reply per person.

From all the entries, all the replies will go into a random number generator and a winner will be chosen at random. It starts now and will end in 10 days on January 17th at midnight EST GMT-5, so get your response in early!

Good luck, looking forward to the responses. Happy cubing!
2020 was a pretty good cubing year for me. I started my PhD study (in music education and computer games), and that meant that I had a lot more time to stay home and practice cubing (while I should have been studying!). I learnt a few new algs during the year, and moved my average time from 26 sec to 21.5 sec.

nihadahd

I actually had quit cubing about 2 years ago but lockdown made me restart cubing. I was sub 40 when i returned to cubing this march.Then I watched many youtube tutorials (especially Jperm and Cubeskills) after improving my F2L and learning full PLL i became sub 25 so i thought i should get a new magnetic cube So i somehow persuaded my parents to buy me a MoYu RS3M 2020 that was in sepetember Then online classes took more time and i havent been able to practise as much but I average around 19 seconds right now and would really love to win that cube

P.S. Really sorry for my english

I started cubing during covid in June, I practiced until I could solve a side in 5 seconds, then I finally learnt how to solve my first cube, qiyi warrior was my first cube, I have practised for 3 months and I am now sub 25 average, Its very unlikely that I would win the cube, but there is always a chance :)

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel

Edit: sorry I meant f2l
He edited it now.

MuaazCubes

During quarantine, I started watching a lot of youcubers, like j perm and z3cubing, and I wanted a gan cube, so I got the Gan r, which was 18 DOLLARS on amazon, I absolutely loved that cube, I started learning cfop during the summer using speedcube.com and jperm.net, I also started to do a lot of 2-gen training to get better at f2l and I realized that, wait, I can get a decent magnetic cube for 18 dollars, and I felt terrible about it. then I got the rs3m 2020, got some angstrom lube, and an extra set of magnets, and I went from 50 seconds to 45-30 seconds, and here I am.

touchracing

2020 marked the beginning of my full time RV adventure. Downsizing my life to fit in a 200 square foot travel trailer required compact hobbies. Puzzle cubes are perfect. I spent my free time getting to sub 1 minute 3x3 with beginners method and mastering 4x4 parity. Now I’m beginning cfop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MasterCj

Nice improvements I made in cubing was trying new events like Pyraminx and Skewb. Also started being color neutral on 3x3. Quarantine inspired me to practice cubing more and made new cubing friends on discord !

Josh_

WCA
2019MARR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
At the beginning of 2020 I practiced all the events based on the events at upcoming competitions, and I averaged high 8 in clock. I practiced a ton of clock between January and mid February until I averaged mid 7 to get state record and my first podium. Once coronavirus started, I slowly lost interest in most events other than clock, so that is mostly what I practiced, and eventually became sub-6. I also started doing a lot of online competitions during the summer. They were really fun and I regret not doing them earlier. In 2021, my goals are to practice other events such as 3x3 and OH, as well as getting a good official clock average if comps are back.

In the spirit of the new year, I'm going to do some puzzle giveaways. To start, I will be giving away a brand new Gan 11 M Pro 3x3!
View attachment 14479

All you have to do is reply to this thread telling about your 2020 cubing story during this covid lockdown period. Just some ideas of what to write: how did you practice? How has your cubing practice/competing changed since covid? What improvements have you made? What, if anything, will you change in 2021? I'll leave it open, it can be as long or short as you want.

Only 1 reply per person.

From all the entries, all the replies will go into a random number generator and a winner will be chosen at random. It starts now and will end in 10 days on January 17th at midnight EST GMT-5, so get your response in early!

It’s so nice of you to do this! I’ve been practicing my f2l and forest Pair planning lately, and recently big cubes and OH, I’m now sub 20 OH (yay!) what have you been practicing?

YouTube
Visit Channel
2020 covid 19 lockdown is the time I started speedcubing and I have attended some online competitions also.By practice CFOP I started learning all last layer algorithms and i am now sub 20.

redrubix2009

View attachment 14479

Only 1 reply per person.

During Covid, I did a lot more cubing than before. I have only gotten one sub-20 solve, but this year, I hope to change that.

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
At the start of quarantine, I put so much effort into ZBLL - I even learned the entire U set in a single day, just because I wanted to. I since lost interest in ZBLL, and I'm cubing less than I used to—however, it's still a very important part of who I am, and I still constantly fidget with my cubes.