• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Blindfold Cubing Discussion

Heart_Johnson

WCA
2009DAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How should I go about getting sub-1? I JUST noticed that its primarily my exec that causes my dnfs, and in my mind, a fast time is no use to me if it's a dnf. I mean i was getting 10 dnf streaks with 1 success that wouldnt even be sub-1 (so what was the point?) but if i have fast memo (read: 20-25 seconds) then I can slow-exec to practice not screwing up my comms.

Did you guys just wing your memo + exec until your accuracy raised, or did you go for speed+accuracy combined over time?

D

Daniel Lin

cool scramble, you can use a zperm
L2 D2 R2 D2 F L2 F U2 F U2 F' L' R2 B' D R U2 R2 D2 R2

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
U Rw2 U2 Fw Rw U F2 L D2 Fw Rw2 D' Fw2 L D2 U' B2 R2 Rw2 F2 B2 U F2 U' Rw2 L2 F' Fw L' Rw B2 L2 R' Uw B2 F D2 Fw' R D'

this scramble can be oriented to have 8 solved wings, and one edge pair flipped in place

didn't get this for a BLD solve but I noticed because I was doing OLL parity avoidance

D

Daniel Lin

U Rw2 U2 Fw Rw U F2 L D2 Fw Rw2 D' Fw2 L D2 U' B2 R2 Rw2 F2 B2 U F2 U' Rw2 L2 F' Fw L' Rw B2 L2 R' Uw B2 F D2 Fw' R D'

this scramble can be oriented to have 8 solved wings, and one edge pair flipped in place

didn't get this for a BLD solve but I noticed because I was doing OLL parity avoidance
Cool. But that's a rare case. I don't think Its worth paying attention to wings since they're harder to orient
Also, what's oll parity avoidance?

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool. But that's a rare case. I don't think Its worth paying attention to wings since they're harder to orient
Also, what's oll parity avoidance?

OLL parity happens if scramble + solve centers takes an odd number of wide quarter turns, so if you check wing parity before a solve and make sure you solve your first 3 centers in an odd/even number of wide quarter turns you can avoid OLL parity every time. With Yau it would be quite difficult but with Hoya it's pretty easy. Counting isn't too bad because triggers like Rw U Rw' don't affect parity, and neither do face turns or wide half turns.

D

Daniel Lin

OLL parity happens if scramble + solve centers takes an odd number of wide quarter turns, so if you check wing parity before a solve and make sure you solve your first 3 centers in an odd/even number of wide quarter turns you can avoid OLL parity every time. With Yau it would be quite difficult but with Hoya it's pretty easy. Counting isn't too bad because triggers like Rw U Rw' don't affect parity, and neither do face turns or wide half turns.
Cool. How do you check wing parity tho? Do you go through BLD memo?

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool. How do you check wing parity tho? Do you go through BLD memo?

That's the only way I know of right now, but you can always solve at least one piece, and you don't need to actually memorize it, or even count the number of targets, just whether it's odd or even, so you can rush through it.

Last edited: