• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Blindfold Cubing Discussion

josh42732

What is your guys' (is that even a word??) order for 5BLD? I'm doing some practice right now, and what I'm doing is I'm scrambling the cube and then say memo corners and solve them last. Then I memo wings, then solve wings. Then memo midges, then solve midges. Then memo X-centers, then solve X-centers. Finally, memo and solve + centers, but I don't know what order I should be doing them in. Any tips for practice sake? I'm working on using comms for the centers. Also, what's a good parity alg for midges and wings? Is the wings alg the same as 4BLD? Also, what about corner parity?

Last edited:

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is your guys's (is that even a word??) order for 5BLD? I'm doing some practice right now, and what I'm doing is I'm scrambling the cube and then say memo corners and solve them last. Then I memo wings, then solve wings. Then memo midges, then solve midges. Then memo X-centers, then solve X-centers. Finally, memo and solve + centers, but I don't know what order I should be doing them in. Any tips for practice sake? I'm working on using comms for the centers. Also, what's a good parity alg for midges and wings? Is the wings alg the same as 4BLD? Also, what about corner parity?

I use:
memo +centers, wings, midges, corners, xcenters
execute xcenters, +centers, wings, midges, corners

wing parity: l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2
midge/corner parity: U' F2 U M2 U' F2 U M2 then U2 R U R' U' Rw2 F2 U2 r2 U2 F2 Rw2 U R U' R' U2

josh42732

I use:
memo +centers, wings, midges, corners, xcenters
execute xcenters, +centers, wings, midges, corners

wing parity: l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2
midge/corner parity: U' F2 U M2 U' F2 U M2 then U2 R U R' U' Rw2 F2 U2 r2 U2 F2 Rw2 U R U' R' U2

I like that order. Also, would D' L2 D M2 D' L2 D work instead of your version for midge/corner parity? Because that's what I do for 3x3.
Also, I might execute corners after centers are done because that's what I do for 4BLD.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
My order is basically:
Memo everything that is not in 4BLD so
1. Memo + centers
2. Memo midges
Do a normal 4 BLD so
3. Memo x centers
4. Memo wings
5. Memo corners
6. Execute corners
7. Execute wings
8.Execute x centers
Execute everything not in 4BLD and fix parities
9. Execute + centers
10. Execute midges
11. Fix parities

For wing parity I use several K4 LL algs that swap 2 wings
For corner/midge parity I leave DF and UB midges and UBL and UBR corners swapped and do: F2 (Rw2 F2 U2 r2 U2 F2 Rw2) y (T-PERM) L2

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I won't be working this out any time soon, but I've got some vague ideas for sq1BLD. It's something kinda similar to what Mike Hughey did, but maybe it could be made much easier? I found this one by accident ages ago when messing around with PCS.
/-3-3/0-1/22/-10/22/-2-1/-1-1/32

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can someone explain how these commutators work?
R2 U R2' D R2 D' R2' U' R2 D R2' D'
r2 D r2' D r2 U' r2' U' r2 U r2' D'

first one is [R2 U: [R2 D R2 D' R2, U']]
2 move setup to comm, cancel 4 moves

2nd can be written without wide moves as L2 U L2 D L2 D' L2 U' L2 D L2 D' which is just
[L2 U: [L2 D L2 D' L2, U']]

Last edited:

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What should you do if you notice duplicate scrambles in an official MBLD attempt? I remember a few people saying this happened at Nationals and I have no idea what I would do in that situation

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What should you do if you notice duplicate scrambles in an official MBLD attempt? I remember a few people saying this happened at Nationals and I have no idea what I would do in that situation

I have had this happen to me like 3 times officially :p

All times I called the delegate and got one of the cubes re scrambled during the attempt itself

josh42732

How many letter pairs are in + centers on average? I just got back into 5BLD (mostly because of how terrible my aochuang is but just got a yuxin today) and was thinking about a new journey for the + centers. Or could I just do my normal center journey twice and have a distinct difference between X and +? Like one of them think red and the other one think blue and everything I memo is either red or blue or something like that. Also, is midges just the same amount as edges for 3BLD? I audio memo for edges for 3BLD then solve them first so I was thinking I could just do that.