• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Pyraminx Discussion

GarethBert11

WCA
2017PURB01
Hi! I just get my pyraminx around a month ago and now average around 10 secs. I'm currently using LBL. Is there any tips to get faster at doing the first layer in just 4-5 seconds?

oliviervlcube

WCA
2016LUIJ01
Blockbuilding is very important. Also it's good to turn the tips at an efficient time during your solve and look-a-head for the last layer. When you insert your last edge on the bottom layer you should know which last layer case you get so you can perform it without pauses

VenomCubing

WCA
2017MORT01
I have had a pyraminx for about a month now, and i average 9-10 seconds with intuitive l4e and my hook method. Any tips for improving blockbuilding/lookahead during blockbuilding? Also, what are good ways to fingertrick tips with a strong click?

Dancing Jules

Duncan Bannon

For now. Just learn LBL and practice. I know that vague, so feel free to ask questions. I'm not great either. Sub 10 with LBL. But that will work for now.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i do use lbl and i practice yet im still sub 20

How much have you practiced? I can guarantee that if you do 100 more solves you'll improve a ton.

For some other general tips, I have a video I made a couple years ago on the topic (I wasn't as fast then and my voice was much higher lol, but I still think the tips I gave still apply). (Also sorry for the self-advertising. :p)