• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Pyraminx Discussion

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone use a method like 1-flip but with two flipped edges? Here are the algs:

R' L U' R U' L
(U) L' U R' U L' R
L' R' L' U' R U R'
[L'] L U' R' L R U'
R' L' d L' U L
(U') R' U L' R' U L'
R L d' R L
L' R' d L' R'
L R' d' L' R
R' L d R L'
I feel like this could be really useful. Sort of like EG1 and 2 on 2x2.

Are the algs good for 3 flipped edges?

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone use a method like 1-flip but with two flipped edges? Here are the algs:

R' L U' R U' L
(U) L' U R' U L' R
L' R' L' U' R U R'
[L'] L U' R' L R U'
R' L' d L' U L
(U') R' U L' R' U L'
R L d' R L
L' R' d L' R'
L R' d' L' R
R' L d R L'
I've messed with it. I only ever use the five move cases. intentionally placing two edges in the top that you will for sure have to take back out is pretty inefficient.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just put some pyraminx algs on my recently published website: http://solve-that-cube.weebly.com/
Thought I'd mention it here :)

Nice. :)
Although, for the L3E cases, I think you should have alternative algs for the last 2. Personally, I think R' L R L2' U L U' and its mirror are better for those. They're rotationless and flow pretty well.

ritwik

WCA
2016PATN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2 months before i got my pyraminx.i learned the lbl method at first i was becoming like sub 15 and after 1 week i was sub 10 or 9 one day i was watching at dg cubes channel and i saw a tutorial on the method l4e and after that i became like sub 8 one day isaw a tutorial on keyhole but i did 'nt like it that's why i did 'nt use it but i know how to use it .1 day i was practising and i saw a really simple scramble of keyhole and i got a sub 3 single and after that i learned 1 flip but after learning one flip i was not getting times that i normally get .That is why i want to know which method i should use.

If you go down one flip you need more methods watch the cubing world on how to get fast with pyramid but so far sub 3 has only happened with top firsy

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Both top-first and V-first are viable methods. Pick the one that you personally like better and find easier for you to grasp and improve on, and it will be able to get you really good averages. Personally, I prefer V-first just because I understand it well and it works perfectly for me.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How can i get faster at pyraminx i practice a lot and i still average Mid 8s High 7s I use LBL should i switch to L4E I really want to get faster and seeing myself get slower is kind of depressing.
Thanks in Advance!

It doesn't matter if you switch to L4E or not, but to improve, there are two extremely important factors:
1. Efficient V's/layers
In inspection, try to find the best block building moves from how the centres and edges fit together. Don't just solve centres, then insert edges. Try the fewest moves possible.

2. Look ahead - generally in inspection
After not only spotting your first edge piece in block building, looking ahead and finding the second and third pieces really help. Even if you do not know exactly where a piece will be, you should roughly know.
This will also avoid those nasty unnecessary rotations.

If you work on these points along with lots of practice, you will improve a lot.