• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx Argentinian NR 2.82 + please help with broken MoYu Magnetic Pyraminx

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I set the Pyraminx single NR at 2.82 seconds (super easy scramble, Genaro Sahib Leguizamón got a 1.6+2 with it D: ), and after that round my Pyraminx got somehow damaged.

I need your help this time:
The cube has one side (the yellow/green/blue "face") which turns horribly, the other 3 ones turn normally (actually I noticed that one of them is slightly "looser" despite the tensions being the same). I have disassembled, lubed, and tensioned the puzzle, yet the turning remains the same.
There is no visible phyisical damage, and I can't find the reason of the bad turning.

If any of you has experienced anything like this, please tell me what you did to fix it if you did fix it, or give me any tips on what I can try. I am not the first Argentinian to whom this happens, and none of the other 2 has found a reason for the bad turning.

Please help and thanks :)

EDIT: This is the scramble if you wanna try it:

B L' B L' R B' R B U' R L' r
Reconstruction:
[U'] // Inspection
U // Orienting centers
L U R U' R' //Inserting keyhole edge + LL skip
[L] u u //Solving tip very stupidily

Last edited:

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
I set the Pyraminx single NR at 2.82 seconds (super easy scramble, Genaro Sahib Leguizamón got a 1.6+2 with it D:), and after that round my Pyraminx got somehow damaged.

I need your help this time:
The cube has one side (the yellow/green/blue "face") which turns horribly, the other 3 ones turn normally. I have disassembled, lubed, and tensioned the puzzle, yet the turning remains the same.
There is no visible phyisical damage, and I can't find the reason of the bad turning.

If any of you has experienced anything like this, please tell me what you did to fix it if you did fix it, or give me any tips on what I can try. I am not the first Argentinian to whom this happens, and none of the other 2 has found a reason for the bad turning.

Please help and thanks :)
Wow that's really fast!! Hmmm is that face oddly tighter than the others?

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow that's really fast!! Hmmm is that face oddly tighter than the others?

Genaro's solve is fast, indeed, mine is just "ok" for how DAMN EASY the scramble was lol

The face is tightened the same as every other face. I also tried to tighten it differently (tighter and looser) but the results were the same.

it has happened to me, after you do a few solves on it, it gets fixed and the pyra turns normally.
also isnt genaro the average nr holder?

Hm, I'll try and do an ao100 or something with it and I'll tell you then.
EDIT: Done and it's still the same :/ PS: it was 6.51 lol

And yeah, Genaro currently holds the NR for Pyraminx avg

Last edited:

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
Genaro's solve is fast, indeed, mine is just "ok" for how DAMN EASY the scramble was lol

The face is tightened the same as every other face. I also tried to tighten it differently (tighter and looser) but the results were the same.

Hm, I'll try and do an ao100 or something with it and I'll tell you then.

And yeah, Genaro currently holds the NR for Pyraminx avg
I got it! Look at all the screws really fast. At the bottom are any of them fraying in a slanted direction? I'm not sure if it's a problem but I noticed that in mine.

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure what you mean by that... like, they are a bit askew?
Let me describe my experience:
I got a moyu magnetic pyraminx and thought of seeing the mechanism. So I disassembled an edge and split the parts, then i assembled it back. immediately i noticed the turning of that particular top was different.
The next day, i did a few solves it went back to normal.
Try lubing it with a heavy lube. I don't think it will work, but its definitely worth a try

xyzzy

No idea how the magnetic pyraminxes work, but is it possible that some of the magnets somehow ended up with the wrong polarity?

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let me describe my experience:
I got a moyu magnetic pyraminx and thought of seeing the mechanism. So I disassembled an edge and split the parts, then i assembled it back. immediately i noticed the turning of that particular top was different.
The next day, i did a few solves it went back to normal.
Try lubing it with a heavy lube. I don't think it will work, but its definitely worth a try
The "doing solves" idea didn't work, I already did +100 solves and it's still the same :/
I'll try with different lubes and tell you

No idea how the magnetic pyraminxes work, but is it possible that some of the magnets somehow ended up with the wrong polarity?

Hmm I really don't think so