• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Progression to learn what I call "Full ZZ"

S1neWav_

WCA
2016RODR25
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey SS forums! I am not an extraordinary cuber by any means, but I am an alg fanatic. I am going to be learning all of the mainstream zz variants. I may or may not decide to learn more, depending on new incoming variants. This will be something I can challenge myself with, and also it would be cool to see myself do something no one has before. I am creating this thread as a way to hold myself accountable to this journey. I already know full TUL ZBLL and half of H and quite a few random cases from Pi and S/As. I plan on learning even more algs for different puzzles, such as 2lll for megaminx and full pbl/obl on sq1. I might even learn Mehta-TDR, who knows.

Case count:
ZZ-a: 493 ZBLLs
ZZ-c: 504 OLS
ZZ-ct: 105 TSLEs and 72 TTLL (included PLL in the ZZ-a alg count)
ZZ-d: 115 CPLS

For a total of...1,289 unique cases to learn!

Here we go

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
Papasmurf mentioned TSLE being contained within OLS, and there's even more overlap among LS sets. R2 D R' U' R D' R2 is an alg for TSLE, OLS, and CPLS. The actual number of unique cases is lower, its more about applying algs to different scenarios based off of different ways of thinking.

Either way, good luck. It'll be a hell of a journey.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am an alg fanatic
I'm not an algorithm kind of person, I prefer intuition.
so you just go around lying now, huh 🤨? what kind of sick idiot are you, throwing around contradictory statements like this, trying to polarize everyone 😡? are you just here to farm karma?? on a sleeper account no less :rolleyes:: ? well im here to tell you buddy that we don't have karma on speedsolving; this isn't reddit you fool ⬇️⬇️⬇️.
man, the type of people on this site these days. speedsolving was way better before people like you joined

S1neWav_

WCA
2016RODR25
YouTube
Visit Channel
Papasmurf mentioned TSLE being contained within OLS, and there's even more overlap among LS sets. R2 D R' U' R D' R2 is an alg for TSLE, OLS, and CPLS. The actual number of unique cases is lower, its more about applying algs to different scenarios based off of different ways of thinking.

Either way, good luck. It'll be a hell of a journey.
Yeah I definitely know about the overlap, which is why I used the word "cases" instead of algorithms. All of CPLS is actually OLS for example lol. Might have to learn zz-cop to increase the alg count...

CubeRed

so you just go around lying now, huh 🤨? what kind of sick idiot are you, throwing around contradictory statements like this, trying to polarize everyone 😡? are you just here to farm karma?? on a sleeper account no less :rolleyes:: ? well im here to tell you buddy that we don't have karma on speedsolving; this isn't reddit you fool ⬇️⬇️⬇️.
man, the type of people on this site these days. speedsolving was way better before people like you joined
Sarcasm detected
Processing.....
Subject denied
Cause : commonly detected from user
>>

S1neWav_

WCA
2016RODR25
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gen you have defamed me and therefore I will be forced to say EOLine bad.