• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Problem with CubeTimer?

SkateTracker

YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure if this has been posted or if this is the right place to post it but...

My times aren't saving on CubeTimer. Like, I was working on my 5x5 times yesterday, when I started out, there were 52 times, after I finished, it was well over 100. I closed it out and came back a few hours later, and it was back to 52. I tried it again with a few times, same thing happened.

I've never had this problem before, is it something wrong with my computer or a glitch with the timer itself? Anyone else had this problem?

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
Make sure your browser isn't blocking cubetimer.com cookies/make sure first party cookies are allowed. If you are using Opera, it probably just won't work very well at all.

SkateTracker

YouTube
Visit Channel
My computer isn't blocking cookies, ect... If it was, the 52 times that I got in the past few days wouldn't be showing up. I mean, it was working fine up until now. Grr, this is aggravating.

Thanks for the response though. =]

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
There is also a byte limit to cookies, I believe. If it is retrieving information ok, but isn't writing, it is possible you hit this limit and you just won't be able to store any more data.

If you want to take an umlimited number of times, I'd recommend switching to a server-based online timer... here are the only 2 that I am aware of that will let you do this:
http://www.rubetimer.com/
http://www.thewonderidiot.net/timer/

(well, it will be limited to the ammount of storage on the server ;))

Last edited:

cubetimer

WCA
2007DAIL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Getting times stored on the server instead of cookies has been on my todo list for a long time, I just haven't gotten around to it. When I first put the site together it was for me... not the world. To be honest, I don't care about long term storage of times. I just want to know how fast I am right now. I usually solve a set of or 12 and then clear the list.

BUT.... I know a lot of people out there really want to store their times. That means I have to set up user accounts, too. Not a big deal, it's just tough to find the time to keep working on that site on the side of my regular stuff.

Honestly, you're only the second person to ever say they've had that problem, so I suspect a lot of people are either not saying anything, don't care about long term storage, or just find another timer. I WILL fix it, though. I'll throw up a post here when I do.

SkateTracker

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks a ton guys. I realized that I did go over the "cookie limit", because when I deleted some of the previous times I had saved, it's working now. Sorry for making a fuss.