• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Popbuying Puzzle List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaberSlash49

WCA
2009NGUY07
I decided it would be useful if someone made a whole list of all the name-brand puzzles on popbuying, since it seems to have the best selection, and mysterious puzzles that don't seem too bad. I might also look at dealextreme, but not until after finishing popbuying.. If you have any links that you would like to be added, and know the brand name, that'd be great. Or, if you have any request to classify a puzzle, I'll try my best.

Popbuying Acronym Guide

MHZ = Cube4You
Patch/QJ = QJ
ES = Eastsheen
MR = Maru
DY = Dayan
YJ = YongJun
Dare-to-Do/Fingertip Dancing = Ghost Hand
SE = Sheng En

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competition Puzzles

2x2

NameBrand

LanLan Black | White
Eastsheen Black | White | Keychain | Siamese
Maru Black | White | Transparent

Unknown

Penguin Male | Female
??? White
Rubik's World Detailed

3x3

NameBrand

Normal Size

Old Type A-II Black | White | Original
New Type A-III Black | White | Original
Type A-V Black | White
JSK (screwdrivers & lube included) Black
Type C Black | Transparent Blue | Blue | Gray | Green | Transparent Green | Orange | Pink | Transparent Pink | White | OffWhite | Transparent White | Noctilucent Transparent White
Dayan DIY Black | Blue | Gray | Transparent Green | Primitive | White
Type F-II Black | White
Ghosthand Black | White | Purple
Rubik DIY Black
Storebought White | Pink
YongJun 1st Gen Glow-in-the-dark Green | 2nd Gen White

Mini

46 mm Mini Type A Black | White
50 mm Mini Type C Black | White

With Feet

Unknown Black

4x4

Crazy 4x4 Black | White
Eastsheen 4x4 Black | White
LanLan 4x4 Black | White
Tiled QJ Black | White
Mini QJ Black | White

5x5

QJ Black | White
Eastsheen Black | White
YongJun Promo White | Upgraded Black | Noctilucence Green
Unknown Black

V-Cubes

5x5 White
6x6 White
7x7 White

Square-1

MF8 Black | White | Transparent | Green | Red

-Minx Puzzles
Cube4You Gigaminx Black | White
MF8 PVC Sticker Megaminx Black | White | Orange | Glow in the Dark
QJ PVC Sticker Megaminx Black | White
QJ Tiled Megaminx Black | White
QJ Pyraminx Black | White

Rubik's Magic

Japanese clicky
Deluxe clicky

Last edited:

SaberSlash49

WCA
2009NGUY07
Yeah, I figured it would be nice to have a little acronym guide on them, then some convenient links, instead of seeing all these "Intelligent test cube" puzzles. If you notice, just about every puzzle has intelligent test cube in it. XD

SaberSlash49

WCA
2009NGUY07
Oh yeah, I forgot. Old and new work great, and it's easy to tell the difference between a New Type A III and an Old Type A III if you're just looking at the two titles. All of these SV and SP and sealed, and -F stuff is annoying. Why mess with the old, if the old work fine? It's like trying to make something perfect more perfect than it already is. I'm not saying this system is perfect, but it's good.

daniel0731ex

Oh yeah, I forgot. Old and new work great, and it's easy to tell the difference between a New Type A III and an Old Type A III if you're just looking at the two titles. All of these SV and SP and sealed, and -F stuff is annoying. Why mess with the old, if the old work fine? It's like trying to make something perfect more perfect than it already is. I'm not saying this system is perfect, but it's good.

:fp:fp

first facepalm is for misunderstanding that i meant. i said that there is only one type a V

the second facepalm is that the "OLD" and "NEW" names doesn't make sense at all. usually "NEW" reffers to "retooled" or "re-designed" verson, and "OLD" means "pre-retooled". when you have "retooled" it means that the old verson have been replaced by the new verson and the production for the old ones are discountinued.
however, the type A III and the sealed type A III are complete two differente models, and it's not even a different "verson".

plus, how'd you call the cube that you just got in an unboxing video? "here's my new new type A III"? or "heres my new old type A III"? so you'd need to add a seperate sentence to clarify this, and that means confusion which generally are reffered as "epic fail".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.