• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

plusTimer - Open Source Android Timer with TNoodle Scrambles

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Beta testing for plusTimer has started! You can opt-in by joining the plusTimer Google+ community and following the instructions in opt-in link. You will receive the newest beta version automatically through the Play Store, and it'll replace your stable version. You can opt-out at any time to return to the stable channel.

Please understand that the beta versions may be unstable and may corrupt your solve data. I'll test what is necessary before releasing a beta build, but bugs will most likely slip through. In that case, please report them to the community.
I'll be posting the first beta version today, for version 0.2.

Also, if the app is crashing for you in the history page, the beta build will include a button to upload solve data to me so I can take a look. That bug seems to be pretty serious, and I haven't found a solution yet.

The community is not limited to beta testers though! Everyone is welcome to join and discuss anything about the app.

Last edited:

eixnai

I really like this timer but will a dark theme be eventually added? Essentially all timers have this and it just fits into Holo and the top bar. Thanks!

josh42732

I absolutely LOVE this app!! The only thing is that whenever I want to see my 3x3 history, it always crashes. And it's only for 3x3. Not 3x3 BLD, or 3x3 OH, but just 3x3. Will you please update this bug or tell me how to fix it? Thank you so much and I love this app!!

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I absolutely LOVE this app!! The only thing is that whenever I want to see my 3x3 history, it always crashes. And it's only for 3x3. Not 3x3 BLD, or 3x3 OH, but just 3x3. Will you please update this bug or tell me how to fix it? Thank you so much and I love this app!!

I just posted v0.2.0-Beta3, which has a dialog when the crash happens to send me a few details about the history data so I can debug the problem. Please download the beta version from GitHub.

imacubedude

Hmmmm... Scramble's aren't generating for me... Worked for a bit, but now it doesn't generate.

WCA
2014ATTI01
Honestly! I think I love this more than FiveTimer! Sorry Thrawst :( I love the elegant colorful theme and other add-ons, plus 15 second inspection automatically.
I joined the Google+ group and would like to join beta if its still up but I already got it from Google Play.

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmmm... Scramble's aren't generating for me... Worked for a bit, but now it doesn't generate.

I'm suspecting another fatality of the Accessibility-Incompatibility-Death-Of-PlusTimer. For now, try disabling all apps in the Accessibility part of the phone Settings. It somehow fixed itself in the last 2 weeks (not sure why), so the problem should be gone when 0.2.0 is released.

Honestly! I think I love this more than FiveTimer! Sorry Thrawst :( I love the elegant colorful theme and other add-ons, plus 15 second inspection automatically.
I joined the Google+ group and would like to join beta if its still up but I already got it from Google Play.

There's a link in the Google+ community to join the beta. Once you join, you will automatically receive the latest beta as an update from Google Play.

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just noticed the beta releases and downloaded the last one to my device, and installed it as any apk..
Turns out I can't even open the app, as I'm about to launch it, I get the "Unfortunately, plusTimer has stopped" pop-up and that's it..

Edit: I tried registering for beta testing, and I can't even opt-in..
Edit^2: Silly me, I hadn't even downloaded the app with my g+ enabled account.. Will report upon testing..
EditCubed: Nope, still can't opt-in.. Is there any geo-lock or anything like that for beta testing?

Last edited:

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just noticed the beta releases and downloaded the last one to my device, and installed it as any apk..
Turns out I can't even open the app, as I'm about to launch it, I get the "Unfortunately, plusTimer has stopped" pop-up and that's it..

Edit: I tried registering for beta testing, and I can't even opt-in..
Edit^2: Silly me, I hadn't even downloaded the app with my g+ enabled account.. Will report upon testing..
EditCubed: Nope, still can't opt-in.. Is there any geo-lock or anything like that for beta testing?

None that I know of. As long as you are in the G+ community, you should be able to opt in.

As for the bug, thanks for reporting, fixed it, an update will be out soon.
For future bug reports for the beta releases, please post them in the community and not here. Thanks!

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
0.2.0 released! I'm genuinely sorry for not publishing an update in almost 3 months.

New stuff:
Material Design
Themes
Add solves manually
Inspection without hold to start
Fix bugs

I think the problem is that I keep wanting to release updates but holding off because there's just one more thing I can improve. More incremental updates in the future?

Thanks everyone!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there an option for the 3BLD timer to not time both memo and execution? I just first missed getting a new PB, and then beat my PB but missed getting a sub-1:30 because the timer didn't stop when I wanted it to, and there doesn't seem to be an option to take it off in the settings.
(also, the back arrow in the settings doesn't actually do anything)

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there an option for the 3BLD timer to not time both memo and execution? I just first missed getting a new PB, and then beat my PB but missed getting a sub-1:30 because the timer didn't stop when I wanted it to, and there doesn't seem to be an option to take it off in the settings.

I don't plan to include such an option, unless I add a category for speed BLD. Currently, you press once to start memo, and again for execution. I have yet to add viewing the two times separately.

(also, the back arrow in the settings doesn't actually do anything)

I can't seem to reproduce it on any of my devices/emulators. PM'd.