• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

plusTimer - Open Source Android Timer with TNoodle Scrambles

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, BLD records both memo and execution (I believe?... Please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure why you would want to exclude one (unless speed BLD).
No, in competitions, only the total time is recorded. Some people outside of competitions like to know how fast their memo is, which is why I think it would be good as an option, but also a lot of people don't time their memo - I can't find a video because I'm on mobile now, but iirc Maskow doesn't time his memo for 3BLD either. Some people do it, some don't, which is why I think it would be good as an optional thing.

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, in competitions, only the total time is recorded. Some people outside of competitions like to know how fast their memo is, which is why I think it would be good as an option, but also a lot of people don't time their memo - I can't find a video because I'm on mobile now, but iirc Maskow doesn't time his memo for 3BLD either. Some people do it, some don't, which is why I think it would be good as an optional thing.

Ohhhh... Sorry, I misunderstood you. So basically set the default to be recording total time, and an option to record the memo time and execution time separately. Added to the GitHub feature/issues list here: https://github.com/plusCubed/plusTimer/issues/24

Thank you!

AirbusCube

WCA
2015SKOT01
Love the new update! Except for a few things When I'm adding a time manually, it would be great if I could type like this: minutes:seconds.hundredth of a second (example 1:03.677) so I don't need to count how many seconds the solve was (if the solve was over 1 minute) and also, it would be great if I could get a new scramble after adding a time. The plusTimer icon is greyimage.jpgit is a sony Xperia v

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Love the new update! Except for a few things When I'm adding a time manually, it would be great if I could type like this: minutes:seconds.hundredth of a second (example 1:03.677) so I don't need to count how many seconds the solve was (if the solve was over 1 minute) and also, it would be great if I could get a new scramble after adding a time. The plusTimer icon is grey, it is a sony Xperia v

Thanks for the feedback, time format added to list here: https://github.com/plusCubed/plusTimer/issues/25. As for the icon, did it display fine in the previous version? If it did, I think I know the cause.

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine does this as well. It started when I updated

It stops responding when I try to delete a time.

Thanks for the report! If you meant the time bar stops responding to touches after deleting, I've fixed it in the latest code. I'll push the update soon.

EDIT: Oh never mind, I see, the app completely hangs.

Last edited:

JediJupiter

WCA
2014DICK01
When you delete the slowest or fastest time now, it doesn't put the new slowest or fastest time into brackets, so I think it gets included in the average? It might not count in the average, but either way, you can't easily find your fastest time.
Edit: it also does this, telling me that all my old bests are still bests which is only really a problem at the beginning of a session, but seems to rectify itself automatically if I get enough times that they move off screen?
16ac96880aa9d3cd2374772277b78f21.jpg

Last edited:

roudai

WCA
2009ISHI01
I've translated into Japanese; 87% -> 100%.
I'm sorry the translation is slow.
Some Japanese cuber use this application, and they are saying that very good !

s18067

WCA
2015OHSA01
Quick bug report. Often, when solving, the session details do not update automatically, and only do so once I restart the app. Deleting a solve record causes an odd glitch as well, leaving the time there until I restart the app.

Also, could I suggest an export method for history where only the solve times (and possibly the scrambles) are listed without any other information? It would make entering the exported data to another app (mainly thinking of a PC timer here) a lot easier.

plusCubed

WCA
2013CIAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick bug report. Often, when solving, the session details do not update automatically, and only do so once I restart the app. Deleting a solve record causes an odd glitch as well, leaving the time there until I restart the app.

Also, could I suggest an export method for history where only the solve times (and possibly the scrambles) are listed without any other information? It would make entering the exported data to another app (mainly thinking of a PC timer here) a lot easier.

The bug should be fixed in version 0.2.4. I've added your suggestion to the GitHub page: https://github.com/plusCubed/plusTimer/issues/35. Thank you!

I've translated into Japanese; 87% -> 100%.
I'm sorry the translation is slow.
Some Japanese cuber use this application, and they are saying that very good !

Thanks you for that! I've actually just released 0.2.4 which has some new strings (temporarily for now they are just English) - if you could translate those that'd be great!

When you delete the slowest or fastest time now, it doesn't put the new slowest or fastest time into brackets, so I think it gets included in the average? It might not count in the average, but either way, you can't easily find your fastest time.
Edit: it also does this, telling me that all my old bests are still bests which is only really a problem at the beginning of a session, but seems to rectify itself automatically if I get enough times that they move off screen?

Fixed in 0.2.4. Thanks for reporting!

-------------------------------------------------------------
v0.2.4 released! I've added a few new settings, including scramble text size and preventing swiping between the tabs. Many bug fixes were made too.
You can check out the full changelog at the GitHub page, and the Google Play update should come out in 1 or 2 hours, as usual.

Again, if you would like to translate plusTimer into another language, please go to the Crowdin Page!
Thanks for everyone's continued support!