• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Petrus

Is Petrus bad?

• Total voters

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why are these posts pointless?

yOU nEEd PrOOf tO prOOveE tHe TiNg, YUo KnWO.
Uhm what.
Just think about it this way,
its compared to the other big four when
it has barely any users,
and it still has gotten farther than most other uncommon methods.

This makes no sense.

another thing is petrus was dead for like 20 years,
and just got brought back from its grave by
petrus quber, tao yu
and eventually me and some others
This makes no sense.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Owen Morrison is reacting with eyes up to your posts because you guys are being very immature and making pointless posts that took no thought. Please be professional and add something of value to the current discussion. This is a forum, not a chat room, and spam posts like the ones in this thread are against the rules. Also....
you need an update on the first one, for sure.

Second one you prob dont understand because you cant read.

Third one same as second.
This is really rude, @Owen Morrison knows perfectly well how to read. This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
@Owen Morrison is reacting with eyes up to your posts because you guys are being very immature and making pointless posts that took no thought. Please be professional and add something of value to the current discussion. This is a forum, not a chat room, and spam posts like the ones in this thread are against the rules. Also....

This is really rude, @Owen Morrison knows perfectly well how to read. This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

just kidding lmao but does he have to do this. These posts have a VALUE. We are making posts that have a POINT. And im not spamming.

hmm maybe it was too harsh... in that case im sorry about that, but can you at least stop spamming eyes up on almost every post.

I myself use Petrus, and started learning almost immediately after I kinda mastered the beginner's method. I think that, besides the things others have already mentioned:
- compared to the beginner's method it seems weird and hard (especially for the blockbuilding and EO)
- most tutorials for switching from beginner to "advanced" don't say anything about other methods and teach CFOP right away
- CFOP is the easiest method to transition to, so why learn something completely different when the best cubers use this method?
- Lars' site isn't the most attractive, even though it has its aesthetic. It looks like something of the first days of the internet. The explanation is pretty good, but who reads these days? Everyone watches tutorials, but not those low quality looking videos, right?

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I myself use Petrus, and started learning almost immediately after I kinda mastered the beginner's method. I think that, besides the things others have already mentioned:
- compared to the beginner's method it seems weird and hard (especially for the blockbuilding and EO)
- most tutorials for switching from beginner to "advanced" don't say anything about other methods and teach CFOP right away
- CFOP is the easiest method to transition to, so why learn something completely different when the best cubers use this method?
- Lars' site isn't the most attractive, even though it has its aesthetic. It looks like something of the first days of the internet. The explanation is pretty good, but who reads these days? Everyone watches tutorials, but not those low quality looking videos, right?
cool.
I use petrus
and average 11-10
depending on how focused/warmed up i am
your just like PetrusQuber! Funny he started Petrus because it was a unique method.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
your just like PetrusQuber! Funny he started Petrus because it was a unique method.
I started petrus because i was surfing through methods,
not knowing which method i liked the most.
eventually i found petrusQuber´s petrus sub 8 post
and tried the method myself.
i just found it the most fun and progressed from sub 25~ to sub 15~ in like two days lol.
(i progressed really quickly because i was already sub 15 with cfop and zz and almost sub 15 with roux)
so i already new how to blockbuild somewhat,
and also had a grasp of eo

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I started petrus because i was surfing through methods,
not knowing which method i liked the most.
eventually i found petrusQuber´s petrus sub 8 post
and tried the method myself.
i just found it the most fun and progressed from sub 25~ to sub 15~ in like two days lol.
(i progressed really quickly because i was already sub 15 with cfop and zz and almost sub 15 with roux)
so i already new how to blockbuild somewhat,
and also had a grasp of eo
ok lmao i thought this thread was going to be an argument against if Petrus is better or not, but it just became something else,
besides, thats pretty cool. You got your inspiration from @PetrusQuber!