• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Petrus

Is Petrus bad?

• Total voters

Nir1213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveF-we6lcE
What if they are valid arguments? I'm not trying to say Petrus is bad.
They can be valid arguments, no problem. You just gotta counteract them with one of Petrus' strengths. There is not a single method that is perfect, except the memorize-all-quintillion-cases-and-algs method.
But that method is impossible anyway. Every method has its ups and downs. For example, Someone points out that petrus has a weakness, which it probably has, and says that CFOP is better. But that doesnt mean instantly its better. CFOP has a weakness, for example like it has long algs in oll and pll and has alot of cases. You get my point.

Last edited:

Coneman

WCA
2018KHAN26
The two people who voted no both had less than 40 messages lol, and aren’t active
I do read the forums quite often, I just don't really post much. I do think petrus can get decent times (sub 8 is definitely possible), but I think it is not as good as other methods because of the EO step being in the middle of the solve. To me it does not seem worthwhile to have to recognize and solve EO and only make the last two pairs + LL slightly better, although I may be wrong. Last two pairs without EO can be done very quickly and with no pauses.

I do read the forums quite often, I just don't really post much. I do think petrus can get decent times (sub 8 is definitely possible), but I think it is not as good as other methods because of the EO step being in the middle of the solve. To me it does not seem worthwhile to have to recognize and solve EO and only make the last two pairs + LL slightly better, although I may be wrong. Last two pairs without EO can be done very quickly and with no pauses.
EO in the middle is not that bad, you can execute and recognize EO really fast, also, look at LEOR.

mukerflap

@Owen Morrison is reacting with eyes up to your posts because you guys are being very immature and making pointless posts that took no thought. Please be professional and add something of value to the current discussion. This is a forum, not a chat room, and spam posts like the ones in this thread are against the rules. Also....

This is really rude, @Owen Morrison knows perfectly well how to read. This kind of behavior is unacceptable.
you always come to ruin the fun

EO in the middle is not that bad, you can execute and recognize EO really fast, also, look at LEOR.
leor only works if you plan FBEO which is hard