• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

Dude Blu

Guys i am gonna buy some lube....i cant decide between traxxas 50k and 30k....i am only gonna buy one of these so ive gotta lube both core and pieces with the same lube....which one should i buy....

Ps how long does a bottle of lube last?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Guys i am gonna buy some lube....i cant decide between traxxas 50k and 30k....i am only gonna buy one of these so ive gotta lube both core and pieces with the same lube....which one should i buy....

Ps how long does a bottle of lube last?
When I first started cubing a little over two years ago I purchased a 1.75oz (50cc) of the Traxxas 50k and I have been useing it on all of my cubes that I own (65 of so), and to this day I still have about half a bottle left. Point is, if you get a large bottle (30k or 50k is up to you) it should last you a long time even with lubing lots of cubes frequently.

So I left my weilong gts2m for a few months, recently got back into speedsolving in a big way, it seems dry and a little, idk, grainy? My question is should I lube it, and if So, is there a really quick way to just lube it up in 5 minutes I dread of pulling the whole thing apart and cleaning it? I'll do a full clean in a few months.

S2000 Life

I am thinking of buying some core and piece lube. If somebody could tell me some good ones that would be greatly appreciated

Duncan Bannon

The best cheap option is Traxxas 30k IMO. Works well for both core and piece.

This video may be useful.

Lastly, Welcome to speedsolving forums!

Jude The Dude

I put silicone oil in my cube, and for one-two weeks my cube is fine. Then it starts acting like it was before I put silicone oil in it. So i put silicone oil in it. The cycle has repeated itself for a couple months and I'm wondering if this is normal or if my cube/silicon oil is bad?

How long does your cube stay lubricated?

ARobey

WCA
2014ROBE05
If you would like the lube to last longer, get something like traxxas 50k or weight 4 or 5 from the cubicle. Dont put too much in, or it will make your cube slow

Clément B.

WCA
2018BURG13
Whit what should I lube my Valk 3 to get it fast but controlable ??
Should I like overlube it with light lube or should I put heavy lube like weight 4-5 ??