• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Big Cubes Question Thread

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I remain baffled as to why the Yuxin has fallen out of favor. Without magnets it would be a toss up in my opinion between the Yuxin Purple and a Wushuang M. With magnets the Yuxin is miles ahead. It’s a wide open easy to magnetize cube, too.

BobTaco

As the title implies I'm trying to decide if I should use yau or redux on my 5x5. Is there any advantage to one over the other or what? Any information for it is welcome.

Noblesuntzu

Is there a simple way to pair the final 12 edges on a 6x6? I don't want to memorize a million algorithms for each case as I don't intend on competing in 6x6, so are there any easy algs for this? (By final 12 edges I mean the 3 groups of 4 edge pieces that you cannot align like the rest of the edges, as in the step after solving the centers.) I remember learning one or two algs a while ago that I could use with every case but I cannot seem to find them again. Thanks for your time!

Christian123

Does freeslice edge matter?
I’ve seen some big cubres use the RF or LF edge during pairing, but I usually use the RB edge. Is there a significant disadvantage for this? Is it worth it to switch?

coolfirenewt

Hello
I recently received my 12x12x12 cube and I am loving it so far, but I am struggling/stuck. I have solved up to a 9x9 before, but a 6x6x6 is the highest even I have done. I have completed 4 of the 6 face centers and now am struggling to get the last two solved. I'm fairly confident I can solve the edges from there, but I'd love some recommendations for ways to solve the final two side faces. They are adjacent to one another, green and white. I have been able to get 6-7 complete rows of green done, but trying to get the other 4 together is killing me. Sorry for lack of terminology or specifics I am newer to the cubing world :)

Ash Black

WCA
2017BLAC06
YouTube
Visit Channel
i would suggest using commutators to individually switch the centers around, it would be really inefficient, but it would be pretty easy, if you get how commutators work, if you dont, JRCuber has a good video on commutators here:

coolfirenewt

i would suggest using commutators to individually switch the centers around, it would be really inefficient, but it would be pretty easy, if you get how commutators work, if you dont, JRCuber has a good video on commutators here:
Thank you! Totally worked, I ended up finding another channel because JR was a bit confusing to follow. But you definitely sent me in the right direction

xyzzy

How many cases are there for OLL on 4x4 when OLL parity is taken into account? Also are there any docs or resources for it?
27 for 1-flip, 27 for 3-flip, total 54 cases with OLL parity.

The 1-flip list is complete, the 3-flip list has only a few cases.

Complete list. Some cases don't look very nice.

Saw this added to the wiki recently, no idea how good/bad it is.

3-flip cases only.

The OLLCP cases with corners oriented and one flipped edge.

Incomplete list of 1-flip RrU algs that I genned last year. (I use only one of the algs in the list. Most of them are unusable (and also too hard to remember but maybe that's just me).)