• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Big Cubes Question Thread

aznanimedude

There's z4 for 4x4x4 cubes but it hasn't really been developed that much and hasn't really been extended to larger cubes. Not many zz solvers to work on it. I'm kinda interested so when I get a 4x4x4 I wanna play around with it.

mDiPalma

i used Z4 in a few competitions last year. but to be honest, it sucks.

you're better off using OBLBL, finishing like you would in ZZ.

OBLBL is mostly rotationless, just like Z4 would be, so there is no real advantage that Z4 has over OBLBL. OBLBL is also less moves on average, I presume.

after step 7, it's like you've just finished eoline and the left block of ZZ, and you're ready to go.

Dacuba

I want to buy a ShengShou 5x5 on lightake.com
I am not able to find it. Does anyone know if they even have any? Maybe I'm just blind, a link would be great in that case :D

Any other cubing shop that has 4x4+5x5 ShengShou in Stock and accepts PayPal?

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
That was two years ago. Anyway, how long does it take you guys to assemble a 6x6. I am about 2 hours in and 2/3 done, which seems incredibly slow to me. Most of it was sorting, and putting the little internal pieces in first.
I've never taken it apart completely, haha. Ask guysensei1 for some tips; he's really good at it.