• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer 2x2x2 Question Thread

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Hey everyone,

I recently got a 2x2 a few days ago and now I average about 12 seconds, as I found that many 3x3 algs transition to 2x2. However, when learning PBL algs for 2x2, I came across this case which I could not figure out how to solve. I solved red first, then orange on the top. I tried using the alg R U' R F2 R' U R' but it did not work. How would I solve this case? Also, one more question, do some PBL cases require you to flip the cube upside down to solve them?

Thanks.

View attachment 14003View attachment 14004
As @OreKehStrah said, you should never have to rotate to do a PBL. To do that case (double adjacent swap), turn the U face so both bars are in front and do this alg: R2 U’ B2 U2 R2 U’ R2

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Sorry about this, but I have one more question. How would you solve this PBL case? I drew it out.View attachment 14005
For this one you could either flip it so that the adjacent swap is on top and the diagonal swap is on the bottom (with the bar in the front), and do R U’ R F2 R’ U R’, or you could learn an alternate alg. JPerm has a whole playlist dedicated to 2x2 where you can learn these cases and some alternate algs.

kubnintadni

What is the name of the method where you solve CP-line followed by finishing the D layer and doing one of the <RU> gen CLLs?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
That doesn't solve it; it leaves it in a diag bottom. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be executed with the bar in the front, which kinda defeats your point of not using rotations/D moves

it does have bar in front. unless I read the diagram wrong