• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

auienrst

Hi! I just wanted to brag: I finally managed to solve my jupiter bermuda cube this week-end.
It was a fun challenge (more than the crazy FTO, due to its "poppiness"(?)), and now I will be able to check how other people are doing it, and if their permutations are shorter.

On the down side, I have no excuses to practice Roux & 3BLD now…

Keep going guys, you are awesome.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Has anyone here tried the GAN 460M 4x4 ? I'm interested in how it compares to the other 4x4's, and also how does the feel compare to the newer GAN 3x3's, 354, 356 X.

I'm currently using a Aosu GTSm (v1) and a mini WuQue M. I prefer the Aosu's feel which is fast and light and quite smooth. The WuQue is more sluggish although it feels smoother.

openseas

WCA
2015PARK24
Has anyone here tried the GAN 460M 4x4 ? I'm interested in how it compares to the other 4x4's, and also how does the feel compare to the newer GAN 3x3's, 354, 356 X.

I'm currently using a Aosu GTSm (v1) and a mini WuQue M. I prefer the Aosu's feel which is fast and light and quite smooth. The WuQue is more sluggish although it feels smoother.

Personal preference is a big factor but :

WuQue with compressed spring + DIY magnets > GTS M > 460M

460M is smooth and stable but inner magnets are too strong for me. 460M feels pretty similar to 354M except slower.

Sergey

WuQue with compressed spring + DIY magnets
I have mini WuQue M with factory magnets.... Agree with compressed springs mod. Rotation become easier and I'm not tired after 10-15 solves. However, it become crunchy and not as smooth as out of the box. My opinion - mini version is not better than original.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Personal preference is a big factor but :

WuQue with compressed spring + DIY magnets > GTS M > 460M

460M is smooth and stable but inner magnets are too strong for me. 460M feels pretty similar to 354M except slower.
I do like the feel of the GAN cubes which is why I'm interested in the 460M, but it does carry a heavy price tag.

I have mini WuQue M with factory magnets.... Agree with compressed springs mod. Rotation become easier and I'm not tired after 10-15 solves. However, it become crunchy and not as smooth as out of the box. My opinion - mini version is not better than original.
Perhaps I should try the spring compression with the mini WuQue. For me the cube is too sluggish and my fingers get tired after about 5 solves with it, which is why I mostly use the Aosu. But I much prefer the 60mm size as I have smaller hands and the 60mm 4x4's just fit better.

Sergey

Perhaps I should try the spring compression with the mini WuQue. For me the cube is too sluggish and my fingers get tired after about 5 solves with it, which is why I mostly use the Aosu. But I much prefer the 60mm size as I have smaller hands and the 60mm 4x4's just fit better.
I compressed springs by 1 mm, lube with QiYi M-lube and set tension like on photo. Faster and much easier to turn.
4x4mini_tension_c.jpg

openseas

WCA
2015PARK24
found 2 senior cubers yesterday. Both of them are new , one, first competition, the other second competition but leading a cube club in his school - a teacher, he needs couple of years to be “fully” qualified as a senior but close enough :) told them about this post & will send this link to them

Also got first win in 3BLD. Went super nervous and safe mode to recover from the triple DNF misery of last week. At least, was able to make one success with 1:26.

Sergey

Also got first win in 3BLD.
Congratulations!

I do my first steps in 3BLD but stuck on the hardest part - memo. My maximum for now is to solve only edges. BTW, "mechanical" part is quite easy (Old Pochmann).

Last edited:

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I compressed springs by 1 mm, lube with QiYi M-lube and set tension like on photo. Faster and much easier to turn.
I did the spring compression on the weekend. Compressed the springs by 1mm as well. I had to eventually take the whole cube apart as the core centers had moved taking the springs out. At least that way I could get even tensions across the core.The mini WuQue is amazing now, so so much better. It has taken over as my main from the Aosu GTS. It was a little scratchy, but I put some Lubicle Silk in and broke that in. This evening I'll stick some DNM in.

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH PB: 15.483 (was 15.894 from July)
...with 2-look CMLL:eek:

17201 Nov 12, 2018 2:55:39 PM 00:15.483 D' R2 D2 B2 U' L2 D2 B2 U2 B2 L' B' R' D B' D' U2 B F R2 U

x' y
Uw M U2 M' Lw' U' Lw U2 M2 Lw U Lw z2
U Lw' U L' M2 U2 M' Lw' U' Lw U L U' L'
F R U R' U' F'
M U M U' M'
R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' L
U M2 U' M' U2 M U2 M2

56 STM
3.62 tps

https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=D-_R2..._U-_R_U2_L-_U_R-_U-_L_ U_M2_U-_M-_U2_M_U2_M2_

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH PB: 15.483 (was 15.894 from July)
...with 2-look CMLL:eek:

17201 Nov 12, 2018 2:55:39 PM 00:15.483 D' R2 D2 B2 U' L2 D2 B2 U2 B2 L' B' R' D B' D' U2 B F R2 U

x' y
Uw M U2 M' Lw' U' Lw U2 M2 Lw U Lw z2
U Lw' U L' M2 U2 M' Lw' U' Lw U L U' L'
F R U R' U' F'
M U M U' M'
R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' L
U M2 U' M' U2 M U2 M2

56 STM
3.62 tps

https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=D-_R2_D2_B2_U-_L2_D2_B2_U2_B2_L-_B-_R-_D_B-_D-_U2_B_F_R2_U&alg=x-_y Uw_M_U2_M-_Lw-_U-_Lw_U2_M2_Lw_U_Lw_z2 U_Lw-_U_L-_M2_U2_M-_Lw-_U-_Lw_U_L_U-_L- F_R_U_R-_U-_F- M_U_M_U-_M- R_U2_R-_U-_R_U2_L-_U_R-_U-_L_ U_M2_U-_M-_U2_M_U2_M2_
With EO done in between the two looks?

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've always done it like that, not gonna change it now than I'll learn 1-look so soon (at least that's what I tell myself, but I haven't learned any alg in 2 months).
Bravo on the good time. There’s something to be said for doing something the same way every time. I think learning that U set will help your times out in the long run though.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had a comp last saturday with only FMC and mbld. In FMC I had 34, 30 and DNF. DNF was possible 30/29 which would give me4th place in both cases but I was mistaken in rewriting solution in last 30 seconds. It was 24 to 4C but I had no time to find it so I added them in the end. At home I found it was -10 and it gave me 30 with 31.33 mo3. But a winner showed me another finish with 23 to 3C with insertion in the end (-2 canceltion with 29 solution). It would gave me mo3 31 - same as 3rd place but with worse single. A win and 3rd place took former WR holders in single. ;)