• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi

I' having difficulties while registering new account. I can not read the Chinese message below. I have select English. Please help.
The apps version is 1.2.1

It said you should agree the terms and privacy policy. Please tick the checkbox.
I'll forward it to technicians to fix into English in later version, thanks.

sty

It said you should agree the terms and privacy policy. Please tick the checkbox.
I'll forward it to technicians to fix into English in later version, thanks.

Please tell them to make the checkbox bigger. It is impossible to tick it. No success to tick it so far.

Is there any web page for registering account?

sty

Please tell them to make the checkbox bigger. It is impossible to tick it. No success to tick it so far.

Is there any web page for registering account?

Finally i can register with iPad 9.7", but it is impossible to tick the checkbox with iphone 5s. Thanks.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
APP Update in coming few days.

1. Improve the result display in Battle, opponent could be quickly added as a friend;
2. Optimize notification from friends;
3.Add feedback function in APP, user can give suggestions directly to developers;
4.Fix some bugs.
Really nice! Btw, when will the “Alg training” function be available?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Really nice and useful update! I’ll definitely use the feedback function(for minor bugs)! Btw, how does the money thing work in feedback? I’m a bit confused.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Really nice and useful update! I’ll definitely use the feedback function(for minor bugs)! Btw, how does the money thing work in feedback? I’m a bit confused.
I don't know, perhaps like "donate to developers" stuff, just forget about it.

Do you have any idea how to say "第几期排行榜" (weekly standing, xxxxx) in English? Season 1,2,3... seems too long and Round 1,2,3... is too short. We currently use #1, #2...

nonoperez

Hi there!

My user in cube station is nonoperez, my A05 is about 45 seconds.The cube is amazing, a bit tougher than my 356X bur almost the same. The app is good, and with time will get better for sure. The only thing is that I live in Spain (Europe) and quite often I suffer the bug of winning the battle but the opponent appears as winner and I have to quit with the result of a DNF, I've read that is a server lag problem. Hope it gets fixed soon, It's really annoying.
Pleased to be part of this community.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Hi there!

My user in cube station is nonoperez, my A05 is about 45 seconds.The cube is amazing, a bit tougher than my 356X bur almost the same. The app is good, and with time will get better for sure. The only thing is that I live in Spain (Europe) and quite often I suffer the bug of winning the battle but the opponent appears as winner and I have to quit with the result of a DNF, I've read that is a server lag problem. Hope it gets fixed soon, It's really annoying.
Pleased to be part of this community.
Welcome! I added you to the list.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I don't know, perhaps like "donate to developers" stuff, just forget about it.

Do you have any idea how to say "第几期排行榜" (weekly standing, xxxxx) in English? Season 1,2,3... seems too long and Round 1,2,3... is too short. We currently use #1, #2...
How about just "week 1, week 2"? Many games use that.

nonoperez

I've been testing 1vs1 battle at different hours of the day. Here is a screenshot.
In the las 9 battles 6 failures with the server, all DNF were solved and in the fourth match it appears as lose with better time than my opponent.
My internet connection is very good 300 mb/s. No problems with that.

I think this is a mayor issue that need to be solved, battle is the best feature of this cube.

I live in Spain (Europe)

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190925-170152.png
    Screenshot_20190925-170152.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 9

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been testing 1vs1 battle at different hours of the day. Here is a screenshot.
In the las 9 battles 6 failures with the server, all DNF were solved and in the fourth match it appears as lose with better time than my opponent.
My internet connection is very good 300 mb/s. No problems with that.

I think this is a mayor issue that need to be solved, battle is the best feature of this cube.

I live in Spain (Europe)

Thanks.

Hola perez, this issue has been known for a while, but we are still working on it. I have reported again to the developers.

SashaIr

Sorry if it has been asked already, but is there any plan for PC software / compatibility with online timers? There were a bunch of cool ones for the Giiker and I'd like to use some with the 356i.

nonoperez

This app is getting better!, Connection with the cube is faster, the new stats after solving are clearer. The pictures to share after battles are funny.
Don´t know if this have been fixed, but no DNF bug after more than 10 battles. Maybe is a coincidence but I hope it's finally fixed.
This week I´ll try to enter in top 100.

Here the loading time is fast, same as v1.2.2

Sometimes after battle and sharing the cube disconnect and reconnect

I'll keep testing and informing.

Thanks to the devs and keep improving!

Attachments

• CubeStation_1570573346595.jpg
    CubeStation_1570573346595.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 7