• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Software update:

Current version: v1.1.2

Gan shutted down the app for a couple hours for server maintenance now.

Problem with the current version:
  • Cube display lagging / time reading issues(TPS too high for the app)
I personally never encounter it, but it seems to bother a lot of people, like Lazer0Monkey:
By the way, I am the guy he battled with at 24:42, really cool!

• It can't display battle stats correctly. It always records you "DNF" with a "Virtual cube" in battle records, no matter you win or lose.

• The cube often crashes during battle.
Update: The server is back online now. The battle stats issue is fixed.

Last edited:

Nervous Nico

WCA
2017VIDO02
Hello Wish Lin, I am Nicoreunion, I think we battled a couple of times. I enjoyed that. I am having all sorts of troubles and now the app won't even log me back in so am back to my gan X. I have contacted the app guys so hopefully they sort it out soon and we can battle again. I average about 16 seconds too, close to you and efattah. All the best

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Hello Wish Lin, I am Nicoreunion, I think we battled a couple of times. I enjoyed that. I am having all sorts of troubles and now the app won't even log me back in so am back to my gan X. I have contacted the app guys so hopefully they sort it out soon and we can battle again. I average about 16 seconds too, close to you and efattah. All the best
Oh Hi! You do battle me before a couple times and as far as I remember, either you DNF out or I DNF out because of app crashing again and again. I still enjoy battling with you a lot despite of that.

I am experiencing problems of lagging and crashing as well but a couple magnitude smaller than you and some other people. I think the farther away you are from China, the more lag you get because well, their server is in China!

Last edited:

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Anyone knows how battle works? Won a few fair times and keeps saying I lost. Faster TPS less move count... Or it freezes and does not show winner. This frustrating
Yup. There was even a time when everybody’s (literally) battle stat was DNF. They fixed that and says “server fixing”. You can see that in my previous post, but this just shows how unstable their server CURRENTLY is which should get a lot better in the future. I hope they either
  • Place a server in US or somewhere outside China because a ton of American 356i users are lagging and crashing and unable to login like crazy.
  • Put some functions(like cube orientation display )on the app itself so it won’t be as dependent to the internet as it is now. That can help with reduce crash and lag too.

wiredknight

So that when you are battling, your opponent don’t need to waste their time waiting you scrambling the cube slowly.
So, in battle mode, you get 30 sec to scramble. In training mode, with an "algorithmic scramble", I get 59 seconds to scramble AND to inspect. As soon as I have successfully scrambled, it switches the description to "Inspecting", but continues to count down the remaining time. When it reaches 0, or when I turn a face, it goes into "solving" and starts counting up. If the goal is to train for competition, I would think the inspection time would be fixed, ultimately at the WCA standard. It could be useful for the user to be able to select the inspection time as a training method so they can work into the WCA standard. Right now, the faster you scramble, the more inspection time you get.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
So, in battle mode, you get 30 sec to scramble. In training mode, with an "algorithmic scramble", I get 59 seconds to scramble AND to inspect. As soon as I have successfully scrambled, it switches the description to "Inspecting", but continues to count down the remaining time. When it reaches 0, or when I turn a face, it goes into "solving" and starts counting up. If the goal is to train for competition, I would think the inspection time would be fixed, ultimately at the WCA standard. It could be useful for the user to be able to select the inspection time as a training method so they can work into the WCA standard. Right now, the faster you scramble, the more inspection time you get.
I'll admit that it's scramble & inspection time is weird now. I think now it's also to train you to scramble faster for battle or something. Should go away in future versions when everyone's scramble is fast enough.

elemcee

Does anyone know if there's a way to delete a solve from the app? I was playing around with the virtual cube and got a DNF, and I don't want it included in my total solve count, which it's currently doing.

Torrente

I received mine yesterday, it works well and I did not had any problem starting it and connecting to my iPhone and iPad.
Technically seems great but the feeling of it comparing it to 356x it is disappointing, to me it does not have the feeling of a premium cube. In my opinion it feels like a less than 20$ cube.

Last edited: