• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Oliver1010

Non-cuber 1: hey can i see that?
Me: Ok
Non-cuber 1: watch i can solve this *scrambles with one move * Oh i solved it
Non-cuber 2: hey can i see that?
Non-cuber 1: Ok
Non-cuber 2: watch i can solve this *scrambles with one move * Oh i solved it

WCA
2017WENR01
My friend is a sub-20 cuber but I now consider him a non-cuber because he did not know the basic-est concepts of roux and could not spell it either. He also said that it is slower. ...He never found his cubes again...
My friend knows roux but he hates it and says it is slower.............................

40yearstosolve

Premium Member
“I solved it once, years ago when I was young”.

I always greet this with suspicion. They are talking of over 40 years ago and now that I know just how hard it is to solve I am extremely skeptical that they solved it all that time ago.

It is entirely possible of course, but I believe they are remembering with nostalgia ‍♂️

One of these people is my Dad, the other is my sister-in-law

I just smile and nod.

They then attempt to solve it remember their ‘technique’. It last less than a minute

I spend a lot of my time sat in cafes solving, I get a buzz out of people watching me solve it. No-one has approach me yet though.

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
I had always used my Rubik's when I started and when I got my GAN Air the kids at school asked me: That one has circles in the middle. Is it harder than the other one?
Hahaha.
Ohhh that gives me PTSD of me explaining every way a Valk is better than a Rubik's brand before the inevitable "Yeah but how is there like... A difference?"

Ernest Fowler

WCA
2016FOWL01
"Whoa, that guy just solved it in 3 seconds!"
"Ha, NERD."
"Do you do anything useful other than cubing?" (someone said that to me today. ;( It hurt my feelings AND THATS NOT ALL I DO)

Noncuber: "How do you do that?"
Me: "How do you do what?" (solves cube)
Non: "THAT"
Me: "Like the finger trick or the cube?"
Non: *tries to explain something that only geniuses of high intellect and knowledge can fully understand*

Non: "Got the 4x4?"
Me: Yep
Non: "Got the 5x5?"
Me: Yep
Non: "Got the tryengl roobrick?
Me: Speak English Please.

*Explaining algorithms to non cubers*

x 1 = 79*263 + 71 (mod 100) = 20848 (mod 100) = 48,
x 1 = 48*263 + 71 (mod 100) = 12695 (mod 100) = 95,

x 1 = 95*263 + 71 (mod 100) = 25056 (mod 100) = 56,

x 1 = 56*263 + 71 (mod 100) = 14799 (mod 100) = 99,