• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FallenCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everybody! I'm a 14 year old from America that just recently got into speed cubing! I picked it up one night due to the fact that I had gotten in trouble, and had all of my things (computer, cell phone, xbox) taken away. I looked out of the corner of my and saw an old Rubiks Cube from the 1980's that used to be my father's. I decided to give it a try (as I could only solve one side intuitively). So, I snuck into my sisters room, and asked to borrow her computer, to which she said yes! I spent a while skipping around from tutorial to tutorial, learning the Beginner's Method. After successfully learning the BM, I gradually introduced myself into the Fridrich/CFOP method. After just finishing memorizing the algorithms (on Monday of this week 7/28/14) I have been able to hover somewhere around the 1:30s mark. I plan on practicing more often, as I usually only do about 10 solves a day. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoy cubing and want to keep on getting better and better.

Methods:

2x2: Ortega
3x3: CFOP (Would like to learn roux some day)
4x4: Beginner (I don't know the exact name, or if it is literally just called the beginner method)

Cubes:

2x2: Dayan Zhanchi 2x2 (White)
3x3: Dayan Zhanchi V5 (Purple) and Moyu Aolong V1 (Black)
4x4: Shengshou 4x4 V5 (White)

Chat Room NickName: Verl

If you have any suggestions as to what you think I should do to get better then please do leave them! Thanks!

Fawn

Hey, guy. My first speedcube was a purple zhanchi! You may be doing 10 a day, but it'll eventually get past 100 a day. It's never too early to learn roux, either. A user here named DeeDubb has a video about using it as a beginner's method. It's quite good.

Also, the beginner method you probably learned was LBL (Layer by layer).

Anyway, welcome to the forum! You came at a good time, with lots of activity due to the U.S. National Championships going on. Have fun!

FallenCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, guy. My first speedcube was a purple zhanchi! You may be doing 10 a day, but it'll eventually get past 100 a day. It's never too early to learn roux, either. A user here named DeeDubb has a video about using it as a beginner's method. It's quite good.

Also, the beginner method you probably learned was LBL (Layer by layer).

Anyway, welcome to the forum! You came at a good time, with lots of activity due to the U.S. National Championships going on. Have fun!

Yeah, so far the forums have been awesome! Also, I plan on doing 100 solves a day soon, I just haven't been able to with traveling and such! Also, thanks for all of the roux advice!

Future Cuber

Hey there, Hope you have a good time posting in the forums ...
and btw , the method for the 4x4 which you use (i think) is called reduction ...
You'll love yau later on once you've learnt it... or hoya or k4