• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Little 6cm 4x4x4 Cube

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm ordering one, not because the meffert's is too bulky for me like it is for some, but because I need to spend my money on something don't I? Seriously, I want to try it out. I'm getting my paycheck by the end of the week se I'll place an order on c4y this friday. I'll let you guys know how good or bad it is.

What shipping will you use?

EMS, it takes about a week for it to get here. DHL delivers it, which sucks because they only deliver from tuesday to friday and between 9 and 5. Who's at home at those hours?

cookingfat

WCA
2009HARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered one, and with UPS shipping, it's in my city in just 2 days. I should get it monday.

you need to let everyone know.

You need to be that rude?

EDIT: And besides, many people want to know how good it is before they buy it, and with what I said, they know that they will know how good it is in a couple days.

He wasn't being rude, he was saying that when you get it, you should let everyone know what it's like.

ConnorCuber

WCA
2008GRIE01
I ordered one, and with UPS shipping, it's in my city in just 2 days. I should get it monday.

you need to let everyone know.

You need to be that rude?

EDIT: And besides, many people want to know how good it is before they buy it, and with what I said, they know that they will know how good it is in a couple days.

He wasn't being rude, he was saying that when you get it, you should let everyone know what it's like.

Oh, it seem that he was telling me that I didn't need to tell everybody that.

If Cookingfat is right, Then I am sorry, jamesdeanludlow.

Paul Wagner

WCA
2008WAGN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This sucks. I just placed an order for a Meffert's 4x4 (ripoff from DX).

The reason I was wondering if it resembled a Meffert's mechanism is because the Rubik's 4x4 is also a ball mechanism and we all know how good that is...

Fail. You should know that the OLD rubik's mechanism was great, and the same/only slightly different as the mefferts. Ball mechanisms are good, but rubik's screwed it up in their new model.
You don't know that's just what everyone else says.

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This sucks. I just placed an order for a Meffert's 4x4 (ripoff from DX).

The reason I was wondering if it resembled a Meffert's mechanism is because the Rubik's 4x4 is also a ball mechanism and we all know how good that is...

Fail. You should know that the OLD rubik's mechanism was great, and the same/only slightly different as the mefferts. Ball mechanisms are good, but rubik's screwed it up in their new model.
You don't know that's just what everyone else says.

Yes, I do know, I have felt an old rubik's 4x4.

xTheAndyx

WCA
2008BRID01
so i got the 4x4 today, opened it up; it seemed like it had been lubricated with some variation of puzzleproz lube, so i didn't add any CRC/jigaloo to it.

the turning is pretty good, and the stickers have this odd...design? if in the right light, it looks shiny. and yes, it's the same size as an eastsheen.

corner cutting is okay, it can cut about half an edge piece, give or take a little.

all in all, a pretty good cube; if you have small hands, this is perfect for you; just clean it out(if there's some lube in it) and CRC/jigaloo it. i'll lube it as soon as i can to tell you the difference, just not today.

okay, so I've lubed it, and it's pretty damned good. personally, i think the meffert's clone is better, but for those small-handers, buy the 6cm 4x4, clean it, and lube it.
yeah.

EDIT: well, i've now switched to this as my main speedcube, and, i've broken my PB with it. it's now about 1:32(not very good, but that's not the point). i like it because it's small, and the meffert's clone overturns more. just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

Swoncen

Is it as good as a mefferts? In the video it looks like the turning is not that good.

elfie

nice right before i ordered the new c4y 4x4 there's this
need to see more reviews to see which one to buy

Alexwildchild

WCA
2009YANG06
I got this cube too. It turns very well, and after breaking in for a while, its ability of cutting corners also improved. It's really a perfect cube for those whose hands are small(although I prefer the Mefferts'). The only flaw of this cube I think is the stickers...and it seems that there's only white cube now. I believe that most people are more customed to the black cube.