• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Events for the Weekly Competition Website for 2019

nms777

4x4x4 OH
2x2x3
2x3x3
master kilominx

4x4x4 FMC and master pyraminx are great ideas too but I wouldn't compete in them.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I support Redi Cube and Master Pyraminx. Ivy Cube would be cool too, even if it is just another short event. I think you're generally more likely to get higher participation in smaller events because they're fast and easy to do.

4x4 FMC would be cool, but I've personally always had more interest in smaller FMC events (and I probably wouldn't actually compete in 4x4 FMC due to hardly having time to do 3x3 FMC every week). 2x2 FMC would probably end up pretty trivial, but I think near-optimal results would almost always be humanly doable in a relatively short amount of time. Maybe a 20 minute time limit for 2x2 or Pyraminx (without tips) FMC?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I would have to agree with @DGCubes and @ichcubegerne in regards to making some/most of the new events shorter events, and not time consuming ones like 4x4 FMC, due to almost not having enough time in a week to compete in all the events that are already there, especially if 3x3 MBLD and 3x3 FMC are being considered for Mo3, which for anyone wanting to compete in all events is going to have a hard time doing the MBLD and FMC as it is, let alone adding Mo3's to them and 4x4 FMC on top of that.

I think that Master Pyraminx is one of the best options, due to it taking a little longer then normal Pyra, and yet still providing enough challenge to make it fun, and also not as trivial as Ivy cube or Redi cube, which for adding Redi, I am not completely against, but it is a pretty trivial event, and for the time of adding it as an event (getting scrambles, creating space etc.) I am not certain if that is the best use of time. But this is just my 2 cents worth of thought. : )

m24816

I am for 4x4 OH, a minx relay (megaminx, pyraminx, and skewb), and Master Pyraminx since it isn't trivial, yet doesn't take a long time. I also agree with the removal of 2-5 and 2-6 relays, because they are so similar to the other relays.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
This phase is now closed. There were only two events that met the minimum criteria of 9 recommendations: Redi Cube and Master Pyraminx.

I will open poll threads for those two events today.

The poll threads will be open for 3 weeks, until December 24. The poll will be worded such that an upvote implies that the voter BOTH wants the event added AND intends to compete in it if possible, while a downvote implies that the voter specifically does not want the event added. At that point, any event that receives at least 18 upvotes (10% of the weekly average of participants) AND ALSO has more upvotes than downvotes will be eligible to be added to the competition.

For anyone who is disappointed because their favorite event did not make the cut, we'll probably have another poll next year; perhaps you can try again then.