• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New android App. Any Thoughts?

wolferber

WCA
2013BAID01
In other news, version 2.05 is out. It allows "+2" after each solve by hitting the menu button and selecting "+2."

Also statistics,now, update immediately after deleting solves.

-Ish
:tu

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No for the WCA scrambles the 2x2 only used F R U moves while the WCA 4x4 scramble is only F U R D B L Fw Uw Rw.

Alright thanks. I didn't know that. I'll fix it in the next update

Both are because of how it computes those scrambles, though. It picks a random state for the puzzle, then computes a move sequence to reach that state from solved state. And the solvers just use those reduced move sets (at least I think so, haven't actually read the details).

Blindly creating a sequence of random moves from those reduced sets of moves might not scramble as well. Might very well for the 2x2, but I have doubts for the 4x4.

Btw, very impressive project for someone who just recently started coding.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Ish,

Few more comments:

1) Although Stats are updated when deleting a time, Progress graph is not.

2) When you clear times, the progress chart Y axis labels are crazy

3) When you clear times, PBs all show as 99:99:99. I guess this should show N/A (even if you're using 99:99:99 behind the scenes).

4) Set an inspection time in settings. Goto Timer. Back to Settings and it says 'your inspection time is 0 seconds'.

5) Goto Settings. Set inspection time of 5 seconds. Back to Timer. Start the clock. The clock will stop at 2 seconds for 2 seconds, then start the clock.

6) Still with inspection @ 5s. Start the inspection timer. Stop it @3s. You are left with no timer running, just 00:00:00

7) Still with inspection @ 5s. Start inspection timer. Hit 'back' to quit to front screen. After 5 seconds, the timer beeps. Quitting should cancel inspection (timer hasn't started if you go back to timer).

8) Inspection timer should end with a visual prompt as well as audio. If you manage to apply the stackmat-style colours, then the screen should be red during inspection, then flash to green and stay green during timing.

9) I know I've said it before, but get rid of the 'Min:Sec.Cs' label. We all know what the timer units are, it's just cluttering up the screen.

10) Hide the scramble once the screen has been touched (i.e. inspection/timer has started).

11) Include the scramble in stats?

12) +2 works well, but there's no means of removing the +2 if added in error. Clicking +2 again adds 4 seconds to the solve time, I think it should toggle the +2. The only time you'd want +4/+6/... would be for BLD, and if this is the case, it should read +4 or +6, not +2, but add 4 or 6 seconds. As I say, I think clicking +2 on a solve that is already +2 should cancel the +2.

13) The label for the 'New Scramble' menu button option is clipped. Just make it 'New Scramble' - I know this can also be achieved by shaking, but this info won't fit in the label!

That's all I have for now - just keeping you on your toes! ;-)

Edit: One more - race timer should show scramble on both sides. :D

wolferber

WCA
2013BAID01
Hey pipkiksass ,

Hahah wow. I guess I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Thanks again for all the feedback. I was also noticing something funky going on with the inspection time. I'll see what's up with that.

I'll definitely clean up the formatting, fix the bugs and get back to you with another update tomorrow.

Appreciate you keeping me on my toes.

-Ish

wolferber

WCA
2013BAID01
Alright, so i was gone for a couple days, but I didn't leave guys without an update!

Sune Time (Version 2.20): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Baid.basic5&hl=en

So with this update, I made minor tweaks with the main timer, but mostly focused on improving the Race Timer. Race timer now includes a scoreboard as well as scrambles for all WCA puzzles.

Also, I threw in a neat graph that plots both player's times on the graph to compare progress.

I'm going to be throwing out another update tonight, just to improve the look of the race timer, as well as get rid of the buttons (touching your side of the screen will stop your individual timer).

Also, I'm still working on other features such as exporting times and scrambles, but it seems this is taking a lot longer than anticipated. Any features that you may want me add before I leave for college this week, let me know.

Thanks

-Ish

wolferber

WCA
2013BAID01
Alright, so I definitely need to fix scrambles.

I've never really messed around with a pyraminx. So if I'm understanding this right:

the first 6-8 characters of the scramble need to be uppercase and include: B,U,L,R

and the last 2-4 need to be lower case and include b, u, l, r

is that correct?

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so I definitely need to fix scrambles.

I've never really messed around with a pyraminx. So if I'm understanding this right:

the first 6-8 characters of the scramble need to be uppercase and include: B,U,L,R

and the last 2-4 need to be lower case and include b, u, l, r

is that correct?

Yep that is correct.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't just do 6-8 random moves, though. That's probably not good enough. Either do sufficiently many random moves, or make a random state scrambler.

wolferber

WCA
2013BAID01
Ok, that makes sense. I'll be sure to do that in the next update.

Sune Timer (version 2.23):https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Baid.basic5&hl=en

This version has better scrambles, but as mentioned above, will be improved further in next update. You won't get ridiculous scrambles like U2 D' U anymore.

Also, race timer has a fantastic new look. No more stop button, just tap your side of the screen to stop your individual timer. Also the scoreboard has a nicer look.

-Ish

wolferber

WCA
2013BAID01
Whoo! Excited to finally release another update (Release date: today, in about 2 hours). This one shows upcoming WCA competitions in EVERY country!

Also updated world records (Congrats to Feliks btw!).

I sincerely apologize that I haven't been able to put out all the updates that I was planning. My freshmen year in college is kicking my butt!

I'm really on working on learning new programming techniques to further improve this app. Next week I'll be MHacks, the country's largest hackathon!! It should be a lot of fun, and hopefully I'll pick up better programming methodologies that will help me improve Sune Timer.

Thanks for the support guys!

-Ish