• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Need some relationship advice

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope this is in the right section....

anyway, my ex-girlfriend messaged me on facebook and said "Hey (my name), you are the best! I have really missed you ;) "

I would just delete her number but I am going to the same college next semester and we are both on the triathlon team. What can I say to her that isn't rude but conveys that I am not interested?

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
"Hey, I really missed you too! I can't stop thinking about you. Wanna come over for dinner?"

As a presumably at least passably attractive girl, and a triathlete, try implying that you've developed a fetish for ladies with >5% body fat, and who are unattractive. That way, you pay her a double compliment, plus she thinks you're a weirdo with odd fetishes, and will hopefully lose interest!

Soren333

Well, doesn't exactly sound like she wants to get back together. But rather saying hi to an ex.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dear Clingy-exgirlfriend,

I know that we will both be attending the University of Gourmet Chicken Cooking school next fall, but I am not interested in being with you again. In the words of the fine darling named T-swizzle, "WE ARE NEVER, EVER, EVER, GETTING BACK TOGETHER! ... Like ever." I hope you can find another soulmate, as there are plenty of other male triathletes at our school. I do warn you though, they may have crabs.

Regards,

ChickenWrap

P.S. Your chicken doesn't even taste good.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01

I know that we will both be attending the University of Gourmet Chicken Cooking school next fall, but I am not interested in being with you again. In the words of the fine darling named T-swizzle, "WE ARE NEVER, EVER, EVER, GETTING BACK TOGETHER! ... Like ever." I hope you can find another soulmate, as there are plenty of other male triathletes at our school. I do warn you though, they may have crabs.

Regards,

ChickenWrap

You are a genius

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a presumably at least passably attractive girl, and a triathlete, try implying that you've developed a fetish for ladies with >5% body fat, and who are unattractive. That way, you pay her a double compliment, plus she thinks you're a weirdo with odd fetishes, and will hopefully lose interest!

Lol this is funny.

"Hey, wanna come over and help me reassemble my Shengshou 10x10?"

This works either way. If you hate her, then this sucks for her. But if she does it, she is totally a keeper.

Regards,

ChickenWrap

I thought the first two were good. Then I read this one.

I have a question: I am not in a relationship but I have a Sadie Hawkins (girls choice) dance in February. I don't think anyone will ask me. The girl I want to ask me is my friend but i don't know how to get her to ask me.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol this is funny.

This works either way. If you hate her, then this sucks for her. But if she does it, she is totally a keeper.

I have a question: I am not in a relationship but I have a Sadie Hawkins (girls choice) dance in February. I don't think anyone will ask me. The girl I want to ask me is my friend but i don't know how to get her to ask me.

Buy some flowers. Go to a movie. The works.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Ask her if she has asked anyone to the dance yet. If she says no, then suggest that you go with her.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Screw the rules, just ask her. If you are against cheating, then tell her friends you want to go with her. They'll surely pass on the information, and if she doesn't ask you it sends a pretty clear message.

applemobile

You can always rely on the speedcubing community to give you advise of how to make sure you don't get into a relationship.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Ask her out. If she says yes then she'll most likely invite you to the dance. If you don't want to date her then don't expect her to ask you.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"Hey, wanna come over and help me reassemble my Shengshou 10x10?"

That... was amazing! :D

In regards to the OP, sometimes ex's will call/message out of the blue. Try to just be friendly and make sure you're not sending any mixed signals. If you suspect that she thinks you are interested, then just say, nicely, that you are not interested in a relationship with her anymore. You don't really have to sugar coat anything, you can say clearly that you are not interested, just make sure to keep a calm tone and say it nicely. If you suspect even now that she may be interested in you, then go ahead and say something to her now. It's better to say something early and make sure she knows than it is to draw it out for her if she is interested in you still.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
This coming from a girl who was rejected by two guys when asking them to Sadie's:
Ask her is she is going to ask any one. If she says "no" or "I don't know" offer to go with her. And if she says "yes" then say that if that rude guy says no that you would be happy to go with her.