• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My quest for a sub one average

Waffles

so I use eg-1 and my best single is 0.89 with a 5 move scramble and my best average is a 1.54 so any tips?
It will take a while, but I’m sure you could do it in 1-3 years (I’m assuming you mean officially)

I don’t have that much experience with EG-1 and CLL, only known them since June but I already average about 2.5-3.

EvanCuber

Just learn full EG and TCLL, practice predicting your whole solution on three or four sides, in less than fifteen seconds, because many professionals will just find the easiest side and predict the solution for that side, but it is better to find a better EG case more importantly from your first side, and see if you can find a case that can cancel into from your first side. Beyond that, just practice things like pickup, finger tricks, and do lots of solves

Waffles

Just learn full EG and TCLL, practice predicting your whole solution on three or four sides, in less than fifteen seconds, because many professionals will just find the easiest side and predict the solution for that side, but it is better to find a better EG case more importantly from your first side, and see if you can find a case that can cancel into from your first side. Beyond that, just practice things like pickup, finger tricks, and do lots of solves
Pretty good post; sums it up well. I was rushed when writing the one before and for some reason forgot about one-looking! I know, probably the most important thing. If you get amazing at one-looking, you will become good at 2x2, then you can move onto pickup and tps and stuff like that

Findnf

WCA
2022HOGA01
Will do thanks!
But my 2by2 broke so in a 1 week

GodCubing

I recommend using A2. Basically NMLL EG. Read about it on the wiki, you just have to learn a different recognition system