• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My progression thread | new strategy for improving | Currently First Block

How long will it take for me to be sub-6 ao500 roux

• 1 year

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 1.5 years

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 2.5 years

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 3 years

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 5 years

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Gonna quit

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters

StrategySam

I am currently around 27 seconds but I think a found a new approach to learning to be faster, faster, and wanted to document how it goes. My end goal is to be sub-6 with roux.

My new approach to learning significantly better is by first focusing on move count then focusing on tps which I can always drill later. I found that the main reason why I am as slow and inconistant is not because of tps but because of the move count. Getting good habits early will make it easier for my future self to go faster.

My plan of action is to first learn full CMLL then First block effincency then Second block effincent pairing then LSE EOLR all the while being CN. I will update my progress with move count and solve time to see how much saving moves saves on final time.

Generated By csTimer on 2021-07-06
avg of 5: 27.145
Time List:

1. (22.645) B2 R2 L F' B2 D' L U2 B' D2 B' L2 F U2 F2 U2 L2
2. 30.420 R D' L U2 L2 D' U2 B2 L2 D L2 U F' U R' B2 L' U2 F'
3. 25.359 L B L' U2 B2 R D' R' U' F B D2 F' L2 B D2 F2 R2 D2 B2
4. 25.656 B' D2 R2 U' F2 L2 U' F2 L2 D2 R2 D2 B U R' U L D' U' R'
5. (30.643) B2 R' B2 L' D2 R F2 L2 B2 R2 U2 F D' L' F' U' B' R' F2 U2

All CMLLs sub 1.3! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oVAHEIwWD2ME0S18z7SYNGrYG0/edit#gid=881196109

Last edited:

StrategySam

Just curious, what is your strategy for working "smarter"?
My strategy is after I get my move count as low as possible instead of drilling minor bad habits and doing solves with no direction. I will review my solves and focus only on which step I need to improve and figure out the best way to improve it.

Last edited:

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
My strategy is to set small, achievable goals and not set an end goal because I don't want to disappoint myself if I dont reach them

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Sub 6 on roux is a short term goal. My plan is to be sub 6 with every speedsolve method. CFOP, Waterroux, zz, mehta TDR/petrus,
Is that possible with so many methods? Maybe two methods sub-6 is doable but 5-6 different methods!?! Would you choose which method to use based on the scramble too?

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is that possible with so many methods? Maybe two methods sub-6 is doable but 5-6 different methods!?! Would you choose which method to use based on the scramble to?
It can be possible. Current predictions are often way off from what actually happens. Jessica Fridrich predicted that her method's potential would be 13 seconds, but here we are. However it would be incredibly hard, but I think it's possible.

StrategySam

It can be possible. Current predictions are often way off from what actually happens. Jessica Fridrich predicted that her method's potential would be 13 seconds, but here we are. However it would be incredibly hard, but I think it's possible.
Back then the cubes were really bad tho. They had to only use wrist turns.

StrategySam

Nautilus method sounds like roux but you solve the BD edge. I would consider Nautilus a speedsolve method because it can be done very fast. I like how it solves the problem of a 6 flip and the only way to avoid it in regular roux is to learn a 2nd algorithm/KCMLL. I don't think the 2nd step (2×2×2 block) is that effincent but will add it to the list of methods to get sub 6 after roux.