• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Cubing Journey

NevEr_QeyX

Ladies and Gentlemen, today is an important day in my ZZ carrier. I just got my first LL skip. At LS, I did R U2 R' to skip OLL and then for a PLL skip; call it an unpure LL skip all you want, it counts. It was in OH, got a 12.34, less than 2 seconds off of my 3x3 PB and beating my previous OH PB by 2 seconds. Did a weird EOCross but it preserved a pair. Second pair was bad, last two were average. Then an LL skip :D

U2 F2 L2 B R2 F' U2 F R2 F' L2 D' F2 R B F L2 D' R U F2
Wow that's a coincidence! one of my older OH Pbs was also a LL skip and also a mid 12.

Interesting... why aren't you color neutral? it is very easy unlike 4 and 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

brododragon

brododragon

Average: Take your times and average them out
Global Average: What you consistently average.

If I average 19 seconds but still get 20s commonly then I'm not globally sub-20, even though I average 19
Really? I thought it was just what you would get on an average solve (J Perm's definition).

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I've switched to M2 for BLD, I've found myself really enjoying BLD over the past couple days. Just did my first full attempt with M2/OP and halfway through memo I did the wrong special case but didn't realize until like 2 pairs later. It was really slow anyway, my memo didn't go that great(not because I switched, just because that happens lol). Will probably do a couple more attempts later

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Should you learn COLL to ease you into recognition and make everything a bit easier?

I already know COLL recognition(whenever I start an alg set, I usually look through the cases and learn at least the basics of how to recognize them, which I did with CLL), and personally I'd just like to start on a ZBLL set and learn the best COLL algs along the way

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already know COLL recognition(whenever I start an alg set, I usually look through the cases and learn at least the basics of how to recognize them, which I did with CLL), and personally I'd just like to start on a ZBLL set and learn the best COLL algs along the way
I really think that you should learn the COLL's first. It will make it easier to learn to recognize the other cases later. There is no reason not to. Although I personally have not learned full ZBLL and I only know around half of COLL, so I would ask someone who has learned ZBLL their opinion.