• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Cubing Journey

What Method Should I Start With?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
YouTube
Visit Channel
My family has a tradition where we open one present on Christmas Eve Morning, and I got a Qiyi Clonk! I already knew how to solve it because of J Perm's videos on it, and my second solve(first timed) ever was 1:00. I'm gonna start practicing a little :)
It’s pretty easy to get fast quickly. After about 500 solves, I think I was already sub-15.

DNF_Cuber

My family has a tradition where we open one present on Christmas Eve Morning, and I got a Qiyi Clonk! I already knew how to solve it because of J Perm's videos on it, and my second solve(first timed) ever was 1:00. I'm gonna start practicing a little :)
I am getting a qiyi clock from my grandparents but they are coming to our house this afternoon, so I have to wait a few hours.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
Did some clonk solves yesterday, averaging 22 now. I also had a few sub-20 averages and a 17.40 PB single. Sub-20 should be pretty easy.

Did a few 2x2 solves(Ao50). I got a 4.26 average, which is pretty decent.

Also did a 3x3 Ao100. ChaoTimer isn't letting me share the solves easily and Idk how to import them into csTimer, but I got a 17.32 Average. Definitely sub-18 now(not globally), sub-15 should come soon. I mostly need to work on my Cross to F2L transition.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
Not really a disease, just going to sleep later and waking up later would cause it
(this is kinda getting off-topic but ok)

When I've tried to shift into a "better" sleep schedule, it's never really worked that well. More than just the normal troubles, I usually always end up falling to sleep later even if I go to bed earlier, and still don't wake up that early.

It's still definitely possible that it has nothing to do with a disease though

DNF_Cuber

Finally solved my FTO after a couple hours of rewatching Ben's tutorial and scratching my head. The tutorial isn't the greatest, but it's by far the best on YT at the moment and I would definitely recommend it.

I need sleep so bad I have to wake up semi-early tomorrow it's 1:30AM rn send help
I just learned the notation from his video and the tutorial from his google doc.