• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] MoYu LingPo 2x2x2

What do you think of this Puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Good

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Average

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello All!
This thread is for the Review of Moyu LingPo. Please vote on the poll above if you already own this cube.
When posting your review, follow this pattern

• Where the puzzle was purchased?
  • When the puzzle was purchased
  • Your thoughts on this puzzle

Once again, post your review and vote the poll only if you own this cube :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Again,
This is my review of the MoYu LingPo
I hope you like it and comment either here or on the Youtube page how I can improve my videos! :) Thanks

Regards,
CriticalCubing

Last edited by a moderator:

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you say the the LingPo is the WeiLong of 2x2 (which you say is too fast for anyone over 15 seconds and so it shouldn't be good for you) and also say the Lingpo is too fast for beginners, then how come you, a 7 second 2x2x2 solver, love it so much?
Also, don't talk about things you don't know anything about. It looks like you are trying to mimic the cyoubx review style, like many others, but seriously don't know your stuff. You talk about how the mechanism is so great and different from other 2x2s, but you never explain why it is different or show it. The mechanism section was really a disaster, I would really recommend you leave that out next time.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why am I using it as it is fast for me? Personal preference. I still use the Weilong though I am a 22 sec solver, so you shouldnt ask anyone about that. And I said it is too fast for beginners, I am no beginner. I dont do 2x2 that much so I didnt bother learning PBL so I just do Y or T perm on both the layers if a case like that arises, in the end it is all just personal preference, that was just a tip I gave, nothing much. As far as mimicing the cyoubx review style, you also copied that, though you added some useless stuff like "does it live up to its expectation..." and useless stuff which are not required in review. We all know that Feliks and Mats changed to Weilong so it unrequired and Weilong currently has the 3x3 avg and single record. And I like JRCuber reviews and Cyoubs reviews, ofcourse.Now would you say JRCuber mimiced cyoubx as their styles are alike and similar?. Video starts, and he talks only about that cube, straight to the point no extra info like what lube he used etc. Lubes are made to make a cuber better than it was out of the box. Thats why most of his reviews are less that 2:30 min. I showed the mechanism from the side when I talk about it how it is different that the Dayan and also point the LingPo mechanism. Watch 1:07 carefully, that whole segment till I show Dayan cube. I would probably not leave that segment out as I said it resembles a Weilong corner piece and showed it, and as the mechanism is different,thats why it is pop free. Dayan 2x2 popped on me many times. And I also did not show it because I said it is a Pain to reassemble. It took me lot of cursinng etc to assemble this cube after I lubed it and etc. Leaving a whole topic in a review is useless. It is like a body without a soul so I will keep up with it :)
Thanks for the Feedback :)
If you say the the LingPo is the WeiLong of 2x2 (which you say is too fast for anyone over 15 seconds and so it shouldn't be good for you) and also say the Lingpo is too fast for beginners, then how come you, a 7 second 2x2x2 solver, love it so much?
Also, don't talk about things you don't know anything about. It looks like you are trying to mimic the cyoubx review style, like many others, but seriously don't know your stuff. You talk about how the mechanism is so great and different from other 2x2s, but you never explain why it is different or show it. The mechanism section was really a disaster, I would really recommend you leave that out next time.

Last edited:

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why am I using it as it is fast for me? Personal preference. I still use the Weilong though I am a 22 sec solver, so you shouldnt ask anyone about that. And I said it is too fast for beginners, I am no beginner. I dont do 2x2 that much so I didnt bother learning PBL so I just do Y or T perm on both the layers if a case like that arises, in the end it is all just personal preference, that was just a tip I gave, nothing much. As far as mimicing the cyoubx review style, you also copied that, though you added some useless stuff like "does it live up to its expectation..." and useless stuff which are not required in review. We all know that Feliks and Mats changed to Weilong so it unrequired and Weilong currently has the 3x3 avg and single record. And I like JRCuber reviews and Cyoubs reviews, ofcourse.Now would you say JRCuber mimiced cyoubx as their styles are alike and similar?. Video starts, and he talks only about that cube, straight to the point no extra info like what lube he used etc. Lubes are made to make a cuber better than it was out of the box. Thats why most of his reviews are less that 2:30 min. I showed the mechanism from the side when I talk about it how it is different that the Dayan and also point the LingPo mechanism. Watch 1:07 carefully, that whole segment till I show Dayan cube. I would probably not leave that segment out as I said it resembles a Weilong corner piece and showed it, and as the mechanism is different, it is pop free. Dayan 2x2 popped on me many times. Leaving a whole topic in a review is useless. It is like a body without a soul so I will keep up with it :)
Thanks for the Feedback :)

:fp
I didn't say anything about the cyoubx style, I just said that it would be better if you don't talk about things you have no clue about. This wasn't meant as offense, just a bit of feedback. ;)

YouTube
Visit Channel
I took it positively :) Thats why in the end I said Thanks for the feedback as it is valuable for my next video :) :D
Thanks once again :D :)
:fp
I didn't say anything about the cyoubx style, I just said that it would be better if you don't talk about things you have no clue about. This wasn't meant as offense, just a bit of feedback. ;)

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
Wait CriticalCubing, you average 22s at 3x3? Why do you have a video "how to get sub 10 at 3x3"?

This. While I understand that the concepts in a vid like this can help you get to sub-x without the creator being sub-x, it seems like you should have a better understanding/skill set before creating videos. I appreciate the fact that you (criticalcubing) want to make videos and share what you know, it sure seems like you make a lot of videos on topics you don't really understand. I think that you should stick to making videos on new concepts or at least at your level. There are enough high quality informative videos on almost every speedcubing subject already. Continuing to create videos on stuff you are not familiar with or above your level just doesn't look very good. And it could lead to giving someone bad advice. No offense, but I'm just not sure what you are really adding to the community. I think that your interest and passion for making videos could be helpful but you have to stick to stuff you know and aim for helping people slower than you.

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm, back to the topic of the thread:

The Lingpo is my favorite 2x2 for 2 Reasons.
1) the fangshi has imbedded tiles
2) the Dayan is to sluggish

This cube is very fast, but at the same time can be unpredictable. I.e. When you slam the cube to stop the timer a side may turn. I don't have any lock up issues ever. This cube cuts either one way or the other with the in between catchy stage very slim.

Downsides: Moyu stickers suck. The core on my black lingpo is white. Which can distract from the solve. The screws are very noticeable when solving (the most out of any 2x2 IMO).

This cube did not change my times at all. I average the same 5 seconds with a fangshi, a Dayan, and the old lanlan. This cube is my main based on my preference.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hahaha, I am currently pausing speedcubing so I can learn all 4 major speedcubing methods. To me, method and the information said in a video are important, not how fast a person is. People will get fast once they start practising seriously ;) CBC is 17 sec but people still watch his videos :) :D We dont have to be sub 10 to give info about being sub 10. And that video was just information, on what to learn and do at a certain time gap, I have used that information to get to 22 sec, most probably in a 2 weeks or so I should be sub 20 :) Thanks again :)
Wait CriticalCubing, you average 22s at 3x3? Why do you have a video "how to get sub 10 at 3x3"?

Thank you sir, I will surely keep this in my mind when I make my new video :) Thank you for the feedback :)
This. While I understand that the concepts in a vid like this can help you get to sub-x without the creator being sub-x, it seems like you should have a better understanding/skill set before creating videos. I appreciate the fact that you (criticalcubing) want to make videos and share what you know, it sure seems like you make a lot of videos on topics you don't really understand. I think that you should stick to making videos on new concepts or at least at your level. There are enough high quality informative videos on almost every speedcubing subject already. Continuing to create videos on stuff you are not familiar with or above your level just doesn't look very good. And it could lead to giving someone bad advice. No offense, but I'm just not sure what you are really adding to the community. I think that your interest and passion for making videos could be helpful but you have to stick to stuff you know and aim for helping people slower than you.

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hahaha, I am currently pausing speedcubing so I can learn all 4 major speedcubing methods. To me, method and the information said in a video are important, not how fast a person is. People will get fast once they start practising seriously ;) CBC is 17 sec but people still watch his videos :) :D We dont have to be sub 10 to give info about being sub 10. And that video was just information, on what to learn and do at a certain time gap, I have used that information to get to 22 sec, most probably in a 2 weeks or so I should be sub 20 :) Thanks

Back to being off topic. 1) there are sub10 youtubers that give this information to their viewers, so it seems pointless for there to be the same video by someone who is way worse. 2) instead of naming it how to be sub10, how to get faster would have been more appropriate. 3) many of your point are disagreeable in that video although they are true, it's not going to be the things to get you subx, but rather all the tips in general 4) this information is already out there, pretty much readily available. That is the problem with yt cubing today, why were you not original?

This is all rhetorical and I probably won't respond to this topic anymore since this is a thread of the moyu lingpo review..

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think there's things you could offer in your videos that could help up and coming cubers instead of trying to appeal to cubers who are already ahead of your skill level. I'm much more interested in hearing how to go from Sub 40 to Sub 30, which is something you'd be much more qualified to speak about than how to get to sub 10. There's a saying "those who can't do, teach" That's a horrible saying, in my opinion. You should be a master of the subject you speak about.

It seems like you are more interested in video editing than working on your cubing. I think you should focus on either cube reviews (which requires buying lots of cubes to compare instead of just one of the few you happen to own) or technique teaching (which requires you to master your subject). Either way, I think you are young and eager, which is good, but in this case, you are hurting yourself by making videos on subjects that you are not fully informed on.

BWCuber

WCA
2012WICH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is my unboxing of the MoYu LingPo. It is awesome so far! :)

[video=youtube_share;qSxDgbyZgj4]http://youtu.be/qSxDgbyZgj4[/video]

nice unboxing! Your videos are getting better and better. :)

This video has finally motivated me to get the LingPo, especially as my DaYan 2x2 is dying. I hope this cube will help me get the german NR (hopefully) :D.

YouTube
Visit Channel
nice unboxing! Your videos are getting better and better. :)

This video has finally motivated me to get the LingPo, especially as my DaYan 2x2 is dying. I hope this cube will help me get the german NR (hopefully) :D.
You might get it , who knows :D

And LACubers videos are very professional. My videos are far from being perfect and I really like your videos :D Keep up the good work :)