• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MoYu AoLong v2 [new batch/plastic] Unboxing and First Impressions

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
MoYu has released a new version of the MoYu AoLong v2 with a new plastic. It isn't supposed to be as slow as the original v2 and fix the problems of the v1. I decided to make a first hands-on video about the cube. Enjoy!

For mobile: http://youtu.be/cXrivXcIyU0

[video=youtube_share;cXrivXcIyU0]http://youtu.be/cXrivXcIyU0[/video]

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great video! How do you do some of those pan/tilt/turning effects? It almost looks like you use a dolly or slider rig.

Also, one tip: (and this is probably nitpicking) I noticed some things that sounded a little unnatural, I think it probably comes from writing your script like an expository paper, I think you should try to write your script as if you were talking, because the use of really strong adjectives seems a little strange and unnatural.

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great video! How do you do some of those pan/tilt/turning effects? It almost looks like you use a dolly or slider rig.

Also, one tip: (and this is probably nitpicking) I noticed some things that sounded a little unnatural, I think it probably comes from writing your script like an expository paper, I think you should try to write your script as if you were talking, because the use of really strong adjectives seems a little strange and unnatural.

Man, your videos look just as good as Albert's (cyoubx), and his original Aolong v2 review was gorgeous.

For a German, his English is very good. I would also recommend talking a bit more informally, though. Dan's (CrazyBadCuber) videos all have that informal feel (I doubt Dan even writes scripts, anyway), so watching his videos and cyoubx's videos will help you get the idea of how you should write your scripts.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can identify new batch on the see through window in the box. The old ones (first batch V2 with slow plastic) has no see through window.
Yeah I've had mine several weeks - I watched the video because the title made me think there's another "new" batch, but I don't think so.

brian724080

Thanks, this helped my confirm that my cube is the v2.

I'm also really curious as to how you stabilize your images.

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice. What video editing program do you use?

Thanks!
i use Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Audacity, and Handbrake.

Thanks! :D
I use a tripod with a fluid head. I also put toilet paper under my tripod to make it usable as a makeshift dolly.

I try to write my scripts that way, as I believe that adds to the professional feel. However, I will keep your advice in mind. ;)

Man, your videos look just as good as Albert's (cyoubx), and his original Aolong v2 review was gorgeous.

For a German, his English is very good. I would also recommend talking a bit more informally, though. Dan's (CrazyBadCuber) videos all have that informal feel (I doubt Dan even writes scripts, anyway), so watching his videos and cyoubx's videos will help you get the idea of how you should write your scripts.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it that much!

I'll keep that in mind.

If you want to see him turn it skip to 1:53 :p

It's an unboxing . . . ;)

Thanks, this helped my confirm that my cube is the v2.

I'm also really curious as to how you stabilize your images.

Glad I could help!

I use the method mentioned before in this post in addition to advanced software stabilization.

Thanks for all your support! I'm glad you enjoy the video and it is helpful for you!

Lagom

Actually lightake has it, if the window on the box means the new plastics, which it seems like. Its on sale as well!

WCA
2014BLOC01
Turns out the only one I had was the one with the new plastic (now I have two), so all of my defense of the v2 was just because I had one from the new batch.

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Where can you get this one? Hknowstore only has the old v2?

Actually lightake has it, if the window on the box means the new plastics, which it seems like. Its on sale as well!
Cubezz.com and TheCubicle.us have this.

I got one from thecubicle with a window. It's super good.

Yeah!

Turns out the only one I had was the one with the new plastic (now I have two), so all of my defense of the v2 was just because I had one from the new batch.

Awesome! :D Then you have the better one!