• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mini ShengShou 7x7!

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
Got mine today. It was ok out of the box, but I lubed it and changed the springs. It's better now, but it definitely feels like my SS 6x6. Maybe could use some modding. At the least, it will need to be broken in very well. First solve: 5:33(Factory stickers though, I'm used to halfbrights w/bright blue).

Edit: Does anyone know if anywhere will be/is selling stickers for the mini 7x7 that aren't factory shades?

What springs did you put in, Dayan? And I'm sure Cubesmith will put up stickers for this after a bit, the regular sized 7x7 had stickers out pretty soon iirc

The 7x7 mini is the same thing as the regular sized one. The peices are just smaller so assembling it won't be anything like the 6x6, the mini 7 just has the feel of a 6x6.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I know, the odd numbered 7x7 won't have the complications of the 6x6, but it has roughly the same number of pieces.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I brought a white mini Shengshou 7x7 (along with a Witeden 2x4x4, Shengshou megaminx, Dayan Guhong (V2) and a Dayan Zhanchi)
from www.51morefun.com and all items arrived on time and in perfect condition.

Why white? I have a black full size Shengshou 7x7 already.

I have solved the mini 7x7 10 times and it is very good. But as I have big hands, I will go for the full size one. Layers are easier to turn.

I guess the mini 7x7 will be good for people with small hands.

SenileGenXer

And I received it today. It's a nice cube. The size is very good for me. Very very good. The center layers are stiffer than the outer layers. That plus the size makes it very hard to slice any one of the middle three layers. I was compelled to put DaYan springs in it as soon as I got it. Lubed up the springs with differential and lubed up the cube with maru and there is something still a little stiff in the middle.

I'm thinking that I'm keeping this and giving my full sized 7x7 to a brother of mine. Kind of a shame, the turning on the big one is better but the little one is sized for me.

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
Mine arrived and I love the size. The springs definitely need changing. I seem to have a spare Dayan Zhanchi that I can take springs out of, or I might shorten the springs I've got, or I might buy new springs over at the hardware store.

And I realized that I can cut frisket (for spray or air brush painting) using the stickers as a pattern. But I don't think I can use the sticker negative itself (the part of the vinyl that remains after you've removed all the little squares), as it is too sticky. But maybe I could reduce the stickiness to the point where it would make a good mask...

kalyk

WCA
2012ANDR06
I don't get why everybody wants to change the springs. I have a LingLong 7x7 and I love it the way it is... It's faster than the regular sized 7x7 and not stiff at all. It's just amazing.

kalyk

WCA
2012ANDR06
Yeah, V-Cube has hit again... FastTech removed the LingLong 7x7 two days ago. Now the best price you can get is =~ 40$ unfortunately (versus 26 on FastTech). You should have bought it sooner :p

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, V-Cube has hit again... FastTech removed the LingLong 7x7 two days ago. Now the best price you can get is =~ 40$ unfortunately (versus 26 on FastTech). You should have bought it sooner :p

Thanks for your advice. haha

http://www.toysbuying.com/2013-new-...mini-7x7-spring-vernier-adjustment-p-460.html

Not 26, but closer than 40 + shipping ;)

http://thecubicle.us/shengshou-mini-696mm-p-602.html These folks have it too.

basically I googled using google images, on shengshou linglong, shengshou 7x7 mini etc. You have to be creative in wording, who knows what you'll find :)

Ok there really seems to be:
toysbuying (27€ incl shipping) - Cheapest by far, but I've never heard of them before and there is no paypal, so...
51morefun (33€ incl shipping) - Quite expensive already. I don't know if they are reliable but it seems so. No paypal.
zcube (34€ incl shipping) - I guess reliable. Yay paypal.
thecubicle (can't estimate shipping without creating an account - propably 34€ incl shipping) - I guess reliable. Yay paypal.
jpearly (45€ incl shipping) - way too expensive.

That's kind of frustrating.

Toysbuying has paypal. Click payment methods on the right.

Payment methods:
--Aliexpress Escrow payment.
--Wester union.
--Bank wire transfer.
--Paypal.

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
I guess give it a couple more days for the VCube dispute to tide over. The prices are gonna come down anyway.

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Toysbuying has paypal. Click payment methods on the right.

Payment methods:
--Aliexpress Escrow payment.
--Wester union.
--Bank wire transfer.
--Paypal.

Hm. I just created an account and everything and the only two options are Western Union or Wire Transfer. Same if you scroll down and click "payment terms".

I guess give it a couple more days for the VCube dispute to tide over. The prices are gonna come down anyway.

The last time I waited a few days too long the price went up from 26$ to 40$ :/

I just checked z-cube again. There is a 20% coupon for 50$ orders. But for some reason it still worked when I removed the 3x3 and Megaminx again so now it was 29€ incl shipping. Funny.

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you need to mail them on the paypal. With zcube it isn't listed and you have to pick "other" and mail them.

I just bought from zcube with paypal (no email needed). In fact, http://zcube.cn/How_To_Purchase.html "international order, please use paypal to made the payment,We only accept paypal."
If I have to write an email to pay with paypal that doesn't seem professional to me. Now I payed 2€ more and can be relatively sure my package will actually arrive.

Well I guess you missed the whole paypal ban thingie there ;)

they used to have it, then it got revoked, then you had to mail them and now apparently it is back again :)