• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne summer open 2011

David Zemdegs

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
the Faz summary at the Melbourne Summer open:

3x3 single - 6.65
3x3 avg - 7.87
5x5 single 1:01.59
5x5 avg - 1:07.01
6x6 single - 2:05.88
6x6 avg - 2:15.64
4x4 blindfolded - 3:37.80

videos will start appearing in a few hours on fazrulz1 youtube channel.

ciao!

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
PSA

Records Faz has yet to get (aka all the events you should practise):

2x2 sniggle
BLD
OH single
FMC
Feet (both; Anssi's got this record forever; Faz feet lol)
Megaminx (both)
Pyraminx (both)
Sq-1 (both)
Clock (both)
7x7 (both)
Magic (both)
MMagic (both)
5BLD
MBLD.

He's got quite a ways to go until he sweeps.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I am such a lucky judge. Forced to judge his 4BLD 3:37 and forced to judge his 5x5 1:07.01. I was like "I don't want to judge his 4blind, he sucks," :p

Terrible comp, I'll try to recall my results from memory.

-First of all, the biggest fail was taking my main cubes out on Saturday night to use (sorry, did I say main? I meant all my good cubes), so I had to use a black, brand new GuHong that was free. I got 3 nl 12s with it with 2H which should've been low 11 :s
32 OH average with it, so I didn't make the final. Fuuuuuuuu-
-Saturday OH, Vperm at 16, I use L' U2 L D' L' U L' U' L'2 D' L U L' D2 which is sub 4 easily, so would've been sub 20 nl. I messed up the Vperm, DNF D:
-2x2 6 average lmao.
-OH 27.94 average.
-BLD 0/3, off by 3 edges, 5 edges, and gave up after 1:20 because memo'd a M slice edge wrong, so gave up.
-Multi: 0/2 (all edges were solved on one cube, all corners were solved on another, 1/2!!! Odder was swimming in my fish tank :p (OD AQ), then I had 2 0/2s where I just attempted one, one had really fast memo, but off my 4 flipped edges and 3 corners. Other attempt was scrambled.
-4x4 Parity 9/10 solves, not a failure, bad luck. I had a 1:01 and 1:03 with PP.
-5x5 messed up Fperm so missed cutoff (I think it was too slow anyway, by 5-10s, but don't remember)
-Pyra, shaking soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I also was shaking in multi, but I was getting angry because I thought someone was violently shaking the table. Made me forget corners through complaining.
-12.90 on the 2 move cross, 12.27 with Hperm at hi 8. I did the alg wrong and had to fix, I freaked out when I saw the time and messed up. Sub 10 nl if I didn't screw it up :fp

GOOD THING I'M GOING TO PERTH NEXT WEEK

Edit: 12, 13, 12, 17, pop17 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Edit: The 3rd "0/1" I DNF'd after about 5s execution, I messed up Yperm.

Edit: Jake has been banned from scrambling my Pyraminx. I missed a scramble, with a 1 move face, that was cancelled into the FP alg. So sub Odder :p
It was Uperm on bottom, 2 flip top cancelled. 8~ moves and I missed it :fp

Last edited:

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
wtf? His PB is way above that...super easy scramble?
I wouldn't say "way above that", my lucky pb is 40.63 and my non lucky pb is... 43.72.
This was EXTREMELY fast for me, and I've only ever had ~5 sub-50s.
Because my visual memo is really bad and I use visual for corners and a couple of edges, it helps a lot if the corners are in nice spots. (Such as this scramble)

Hopefully the scramble wasn't lost so I can make a reconstruction along with the video.
Anyway, there was an edge and corner solved, also 2 twisted corners.

No one has taken to mention my 2/3 multiBLD win :p
That was a very nice win. :D

Last edited:

abctoshiro

Wow. What's with the world? Feliks has just become soo amazing. Beat his own WR single and average and 4x4x4 blind by about a minute.

Also,
inb4 you see only faz on every puzzle on wca record page