• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne summer open 2011

David Zemdegs

Premium Member
YouTube
david zemdegs
Greetings,
Faz is back on to the podium next weekend. With my new internet pocket modem thingy, I'll be able to update this thread with all the activities over the weekend.
For those attending, my modem thingy can have up to five devices going through it, so if any of you are bringing notebooks or ipods etc, and need internet access, just come and see me and Ill let you know the WPA2-PSK (password).
Tim I now have one full size competition timer and a spare minipod timer which we can use for the two tables that didnt have any last time.
Competition starts 9.30 EDST which is GMT +11 and finishes around 5 to 6 pm.
See you then.....

David

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
masterNZ
While we are here I want to point out that we are going to be running a very tight schedule so to those that are attending:

Please help as much as possible, remain attentive, and if you want to pull out of events or leave early LET SOMEONE KNOW IN ADVANCE.

Thanks.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
@David
I'll drag across 4 trestle tables to setup 8 stations. We can probably use the other random tables for scrambling and admin stuff... or use an extra one for FMC so that the stations aren't cramped with everyone competing at once.

The StackPod Display would be appreciated as we only have 6 Tournament Displays. We've 10 Competition Timers but I'll just have 8 of them set up.

@Dene
Yeah, both days have tight schedules. It'd be appreciated if there weren't any delays due to messing around. The schedule will work if there aren't any unexpected delays and we might have about an hour free if some people can't make the cut-off times. I created the schedule assuming that most people would be able to make the cut-offs (consume more time by doing their 3-5 solves).

@Competitors
It's really unlikely at this point that people will be able to be added to events. Feel free to let us know if you'd like to drop out of an event because we've scorecards written up and will be looking for you.

We can make some exception for the 3x3 event, although there's only one person registered that isn't competing in 3x3.

Tim.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Great idea, MCD was cold outside, but t-shirt weather inside, I don't have a power board I can lend unfortunately.
Anyone mind filming my official pyraminx solves? I have a camera :p

hic0057

WCA
2010HICK01
Where would be the best spot to park our car?
To Tim Major, I'll pick up my white X cube 4x4 diy kit and pay you there. I'll be slightly late to arrive but hopefully in time for pyraminx if it doesn't start too early.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
ben1996123
WR Predictions:

faz: 3x3 single maybe, 5x5 single maybe, 6x6 single, OH single and average maybe
aron: 4x4 bld, 5x5 bld if he gets a success as fast as some of his current dnf's, multibld

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
fazrulz1
We talked until about 12:45, and then they got to sleep within about 5m o_O
So noisy, I didn't get to sleep until well after 2am, and now I woke at about 6.
:mad:
Perfect preparation :cool:
Eh, nothing wrong with that. You'll just be tired and vulnerable on Sunday. Let's just hope you get a success in the first round :p