• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne Summer Open 2011 Dates?

Alcuber

WCA
2010WHIT01
Megaminx is very time consuming because it takes a long time to solve and scramble. Also, it isn't a very popular event.

Also, I'd say that 1 round of Magic is enough, but sq-1 finals if there's time. Edit: Maybe not sq-1 finals. How many stations were running at MWO? 4? There could be a lot more at this, so more time.
If its not very popular then everyone can do it at once

I don't see whats wrong with two rounds of magic as that won't take long either

Also is it possible for semifinal for 2x2?

36duong

WCA
2009DUON01
Yeah, what was discussed was

2x2: (2)
3x3: (3)
4x4: (1)
5x5: (1)
BLD: (1)
OH: (2)
Magic: (1)
Master Magic: (1)

Clock: (1)
Square-1: (1)
Pyraminx: (2)
and bigbld during lunch.

We should be able to fit this into a day
My Wishlist
  1. If more than 1 round of 4x4 was needed at Melbourne Cube Day, more than one is probably needed here
  2. More Magic rounds? Pretty Please?
  3. FMC could be slotted in at lunch

TimMc will organise it for the 29th of January, from what I've been told. That's the last saturday of summer holidays.
NSW Board of Studies said:
NSW Board of Studies Term Dates for 2011: Term 1 First Day: 28th of January

FML.

Still not sure if I can come, depends what day sport starts, though I hope I can make it.:)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Obviously, I'm not going to be there and so I should have absolutely no input on what you do; this is just a joke, so please ignore me, but...

Feliks could so easily be on top for sum of all single ranks and sum of all average ranks. The four events he still has no results in are: master magic, feet, 4x4x4 BLD, and 5x5x5 BLD. So obviously, you should have those four events, perhaps even multiple rounds. Also, his ranking at magic is simply atrocious compared to all the other events, so he needs to improve. So you should have at least 2 rounds of magic - maybe even 3. And obviously, Feliks needs to practice a little on these. Especially magic.

:) :) :)

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
The Melbourne Summer Open 2011 will probably be on Saturday the 29th of January 2011 at the RMIT Spiritual Centre if it's available.

Do people want one day or two?

It's unlikely that Crown and Andrews have a related exhibition on in Sydney around the 22nd of January 2011 so we're looking into having the Sydney Summer Open 2011 at the Powerhouse Museum or at a shopping centre owned by The GPT Group.

Tim.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If it's two days, then a similar schedule to Aus Nationals (less important events and first rounds on the first day, finals on the second) would be good. If the comp went for a bit longer, then there could also be FMC.

A two day comp would be good because of more events, and more time to practice in between, but would also be kind of tiring, and be more work for the organisers. But if they're prepared to have one, then I vote for two days.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
If it's two days I'd like it to be more engaging with more people competing in multiple rounds of the main events with less popular events spread throughout. Instead of having a bunch of unpopular events for 5 hours straight o.o

Tim.

C

CubeX

I think that two days would be needed, with the 2nd day finishing a bit earlier, but last time in 2009, the schedule was a bit tight and it went until 6:00pm. Maybe if we could perform multiple events at a time then it would be a bit faster, in one day or so. I'd say we would need more judges.

If we did the same amount of events like before, then we may need two days.

p.s I'm willing to help out and judge.