• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne Summer Open 2010

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Date: Saturday, 30th January, 2010
Time: 9:30am to 5:00pm
City: Melbourne, Australia
Venue: University Function Room (Building 8, Level 2, Room 8)
Schedule: View the schedule

Registration fee: AU$10 (pay upon arrival at the venue)

Organiser: Tim McMahon
WCA Delegate: Dene Beardsley

Address:
RMIT University
University Function Room (8.02.08)
Street Level, Building 8
360 Swanston Street
Melbourne VIC 3056

Last edited:
:D yay.. i should be there all day and compete in some events not sure which ones yet.. mostly 3x3 and magic probably unless i somehow get awesum at something else. So going for the best female cuber at comp! First official comp for me :D

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol. Not every event - no way.

I suck at bld, and I will lose sq1, pyra maybe, and maybe 6x6 and 7x7. The only events that I think I will win are 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5. Nick is getting good at 2x2, and beat me at a meetup recently.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I just logged on, tlo see the news, and I thought, "I wonder when the comp will be announced, and then this."

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

I can't wait. I can judge everything, and scramble 222, 333, pyra, square-1, clock, and probably a few others. It's late, and I have to get off, but I'll right back tomorrow when I'm not tired, to have a more serious post.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

XD!!!!!!!

Edit: After doing a bit of computer clock, and liking it, if I decide to get a clock, and seriously practise, will I be able to do a quick side event of clock? Scrambling is very easy, and the round won't take long. If Johnson is still in Melbourne then, he has a clock, and might want to compete also. He averages about 30 I think.

Last edited:

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dude, it's not officially announced on the WCA yet...
We still need to sort out some displays from speedstacks.
Also, there will be no clock lol. Or master magic. No-one here has them.

Also, we probably won't need you as a scrambler, but if you stay as a permanent judge at a station, that would be much appreciated.

C

CubeX

May be going?

If this is an official WCA comp then i will go. But if it isn't, then maybe.

I might compete in the 2x2-5x5, plus Magic, Master Magic (if possible for an event), Square-1 and Megaminx (If also possible for an event)

I can't be stuffed learning for pyraminx... Plus i've got exams now.

I might be able to judge for others at the station.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This competition will indeed be official - I will make sure it happens (by attending >.<).
Naturally I'll be there, I'll compete in all my usual events, and I will help out all day as always.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I desperately wanna know how Faz will perform in 3x3 :p Fingers crossed for the first sub-10 average!

I, along with quite a few others, will film both/all three (depending on how many rounds there is, most likely both) rounds there is, so it will definitely be on camera if he does. I should also film him in 2x2, as he had a 2.78 average at a Melbourne meetup recently.

I will try to make a lot of footage of the comp, for people interested. (of course I'll get someone to film some of my solves too)

P

pappas

I suck at bld, and I will lose sq1, pyra maybe, and maybe 6x6 and 7x7. The only events that I think I will win are 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5. Nick is getting good at 2x2, and beat me at a meetup recently.

Yeah. I'm going to learn full CLL over the holidays just after I learn full PLL.

RainbowBoy

WCA
2010HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah. I'm going to learn full CLL over the holidays just after I learn full PLL.
Where do you learn CLL?

Yea.. I'm comin :)
I will probably compete in
2x2
3x3
4x4
Pyra
OH
BLD (If there is enough time to practice ><)
Rubik's Magic.
I can judge and scramble :)
Whats the registration fee? (If there is one)
Hope I learn all my PLLs and hopefully some easy OLLs by then!
Gonna bring ma Camera! Can't wait for the comp

BTW: I'm gonna bring a few friends such as....
Eric
Richard
Tony
Steven
Henry
And maybe more....

Last edited: