• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Megaminx Color Schemes/Color Theory

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure if anyone has made a thread on discussing megaminx color schemes or not but I figured I would. Does anyone get bothered by the standard color schemes on stickerless megaminxes? I noticed it could be awkward to recognize pieces at times because all the standard S2L+LL colors were light and pastel colors. I switched the grey side for black and instantly noticed it was a lot easier to find and recognize pieces, and I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
no but i was considering changing it to black
You should try it! I think it definitely makes it easier to recognize when you add black for a side because it just sticks straight out like a flashlight that is in a dark room compared to the other colors. It did take a little bit of solving to get used to seeing black when its scrambled but you get over it in a few solves.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
was it hard to change the magnets?
That was a bit of a pain but not really. What I did was take apart the side and remove each of the colored edge and corner pieces I wanted to replace and pair it with the black pieces. So in your case I would take all the beige edges and put it beside a black corner piece like it would be in the puzzle, place a magnet in the corner piece so it aligns perfectly with the edge magnets, and then glue it in place, and do the same with the black edges and beige corners.

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
That was a bit of a pain but not really. What I did was take apart the side and remove each of the colored edge and corner pieces I wanted to replace and pair it with the black pieces. So in your case I would take all the beige edges and put it beside a black corner piece like it would be in the puzzle, place a magnet in the corner piece so it aligns perfectly with the edge magnets, and then glue it in place, and do the same with the black edges and beige corners.
oh that doesn't sound too hard i think i'm going to switch. Thanks for the help! :cool: